The BACB-approved course sequence in our ABA program provides the coursework necessary for students to be eligible to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination® following graduation. The ABA course sequence provides students with a foundational knowledge of behavioral principles, assessment, and intervention according to the BACB Fourth Edition Task List. The full task list can be viewed on the BACB website.
ABA graduate students complete an eight-course sequence, a supervised internship, and a thesis project for an overall total of at least 51 credit hours. The majority of coursework is completed during the first year in the master’s program, and during the second year, students complete internship and thesis.
• PSY 512 Basic Principles of Behavior Analysis (3 credits)
• PSY 551 Applied Behavior Analysis (4 credits)
• PSY 553 Single-subject Design (3 credits)
• PSY 554 Behavioral Assessment and observation (4 credits)
• PSY 557 Behavioral Interventions (3 credits)
• PSY 563 Behavioral Treatment of Autism (3 credits)
• PSY 587 Ethics in Applied Behavior Analysis (4 credits)
• PSY 651 Advanced Applied Behavior Analysis (3 credits)
• PSY 590 Internship in Applied Behavior Analysis (12 credits)
• PSY 595 Graduate Research (3 credits, minimum)
• PSY 700A Master’s Thesis in Applied Behavior Analysis (6 credits)
The internship experience within the ABA program provides students with 12 credit hours of supervised fieldwork experience, which amounts to 480 actual clinical hours. These internship hours can be counted toward the 1500-hour fieldwork experience requirement required by the BACB to sit for the BCBA Examination. Most students are hired by local agencies during their internship and remain with these agencies following graduation in order to complete the fieldwork hours required for certification. Most students finish their fieldwork hours within 6-9 months following graduation from the ABA program, and receive promotions as BCBAs within their agencies.
Check out the full article that includes information on Dr. Jesse James and Meghan Gilbert, a juniorPsychology Aims To Impress At CWU’s SOURCE 20th Anniversary
Washington State’s longest running event of its kind reaches a significant milestone this year. ThCWU Offers One Of The Top Online Psychology Degrees In The Nation
Central Washington University was ranked as having one of the top 30 online psychology bachelor’s