Skip to body


College of the Sciences
Give to COTS

Contact Us

Primate Behavior and Ecology
Dr. April Binder, Director
(509) 963-2803

Ms. Penelope Anderson, Secretary Senior

Follow Us

Financial Information

Financial Assistance

Students with assistantships or financial aid must be registered for a minimum of ten credits, with at least five being level 500 or higher, every quarter.

Teaching and Research Assistantships

An assistantship is a contractual obligation to provide assigned services to the program. Graduate assistantships are limited to a maximum of two years (excluding summers); however, in order to be considered for a second year the student must reapply through the School of Graduate Studies and Research. A full-time assistantship assignment requires an average of 20 hours per week of work and enrollment in at least 10 but not more than 14 credit hours per quarter with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 each quarter.

Research and Equipment Grants

Students can apply for the following grants:
  • Master's Research or Creative Fellowship Grants
  • Graduate Student Summer Research Fellowship
  • Graduate Student Travel Grants

For more information on financial aid at Central Washington University, visit the Office of Financial Aid and School of Graduate Studies and Research websites.

Arlen and Debra Prentice Scholarship for Primate Research

$500 graduate student award to aid in the completion of her or his MS research project. To access this award, the student must: 1) successfully defend the research project during a public presentation, 2) obtain the signatures needed to complete the School of Graduate Studies’ Option Approval Form, and 3) have approved Institutional Animal Care and Use and/or Human Subjects Review protocol(s). Students whose research is fully funded through a federal grant awarded to the faculty supervisor are ineligible for this award. Upon completion of the research, each student will write a brief description of what was accomplished.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.