The CWU Police Department is an integral part of CWU. Univesity Police and Parking Services takes every opportunity to educate members of the university in all aspects of crime prevention, personal safety and potential law violations. The Public Presentation Program utilizes crime prevention presentations to provide the CWU community with the information and techniques to minimize the possibility of becoming a crime victim. Presentations are held throughout the campus in residence halls, academic buildings and business offices.
Available presentations are:
- Bong Show (Drug Awareness): A presentation offered to students in their residence halls, providing info on different drug types, effects and laws pertaining to drug use. A display of paraphernalia is also shown.
- Personal Safety: Provides tips and suggestions on good safety practices and is intended to make students aware of the services provided by the CWU Police Department.
- Winter Driving: Provides information to students as to preparation prior to winter travel and potential hazards that can occur while driving in the winter months
- Alcohol Awareness: Intended to make students aware of the effects and hazards of drinking and how to minimize their risks should they choose to consume alcohol.
- Shots Fired: A video presentation followed by question and answer session intended to educate the campus community on how to handle a hostile intruder situation should one occur.
- Police & Pizza: This is part of University Housing & New Student Program six week orientation program, but can be provided at any time. Police Officers go into residence halls to give students an opportunity to meet with CWU Police Officers and answer any questions they may have. Officers discuss drug, alcohol, and personal safety with the students in a casual, interactive environment.
If you are interested in requesting a public presentation, please click the link below and complete the online request form. After completing and submitting this form, a CWU Police Officer will contact you to coordinate the presentation. For additional questions regarding available programs and presentations, please contact the CWU Police Department at 509-963-2959.