Katie Jacobson's article, "'No Such Thing as a Buddhist Woman': Male Perception of Women Seers in Buddhism," has been published in the Fall 2011 volume of the Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa (Vol. 35, No. 2, 24-41). The Journal is the official publication of TAK, the National Honor Society for Religious Studies and Theology, and was chosen by the editors as an exemplary work submitted by undergraduate students. Working under the direction of Jeff Dippmann for this project, Katie graduated magna cum laude in 2009, with a BA in Religious Studies.
- Joseph Keeney, 2012 Dean's Scholar
- Christian Torimino, 2012 Dean's Scholar
- Michael 'Mac' Brown, 2012 CAH Outstanding Student Award
- Judy Miller, 2012 CAH Raymond A. Smith Award for Achievement in Scholarship
- James Moore, 2011 Presidential Medallion Recipient
- James Moore, 2011 Dean's Scholar
- Phillip Downes, 2010 CAH Dean's Excellence in Leadership Award
- Philosophy and Religious Studies Club, 2008-2009 CWU Student Club of the Year Award
- Casie Dunleavy, 2009 CAH Outstanding Student Award
- Courtney Allocca, 2009 Raymond A. Smith Award for Achievement in Scholarship
- Lauren Blesi, 2009 CWU Student Employee of the Year
- Phillip Downes, 2008 CWU Alumni Association's Departmental Scholarship
- Justin Sanders, 2008 CAH Raymond A. Smith Award for Achievement in Scholarship
- Dylan Baker, 2008 Thomas Gause Award for Achievement in Musical Composition
- Tyler Killiam, 2007-2008 Scottish Rite of Washington Scholarship
- 2013: Maxwell Davis (Faculty Mentor: Gary Bartlett): PSYCHOLOGICAL STUDIES ON "MOLYNEUX'S QUESTION" DO NOT SEE ALL THE POINTS
- 2012: Lynn Thompson (Faculty Mentor: Cynthia Coe): THE JUXTAPOSITION OF DIVINE AND PHYSICAL LOVE
- 2008: KathyMae Dickinson, (Faculty Mentor: Chenyang Li): MOZI'S PHILOSOPHY OF UNIVERSAL LOVE
- 2008: Christian Mecham, Christian (Faculty Mentor: Cynthia Coe): ROCK OUT WITH YOUR WHAT OUT?!
- 2008: Tyler Soldat, (Faculty Mentor: Heidi Szpek): SAVE BY THE LEAVE OF ALLAH: DOCTRINE CONCERNING SUICIDE IN ISLAM.
- Katy Wickersham, (Faculty Mentor: Heidi Szpek): THE THEOLOGY OF THE FALL IN ROBOTIC SCIENCE FICTION FILMS
Tyler Soldat, Dr. Heidi M. Szpek, Katy Wickersham, 2008
Student Conference Presentations:
Wes Morrow presented his paper entitled, "Me, Myself and My Avatar" at the Puget Sound Undergraduate Conference at the University of Puget Sound, March 30-31, 2012.
The following Philosophy & Religious Studies Majors have had their research papers accepted for presentation at the 14th annual Pacific University Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, April 16-19, 2010, Forest Grove, Oregon. They are Taylor Baker, "A Patchwork of Humanity; 'The Creature' and 'The Woman' as Social Constructs"; Phillip Downes, "The Discrimination of Hair-Based Drug Testing"; Randall Ward, "Mill and Moral Sentiment: Social Development and the March of Civilization"; Ashley Goo, "Capitalism's Contribution ot Criminality"; Also participating as Commentators are: Jennifer Arledge, Casey Dunleavy, James Moore, Phillip Downes, Randall Ward, and Allison Radabaugh.
The following Philosophy & Religious Studies Majors have had their research papers accepted for presentation at the 12th annual Pacific University Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, April 18-19, 2008, Forest Grove, Oregon. They are:Phillip Downes, "Refuting Moral Luck" Casie Dunleavy, "What the World Needs Is a Moral Marx" Travis Petersen, "Influences of Phenomenology and Logical Positivism on the Natural Sciences" Ashley Goo, "Anarchy, State, and Utopia or a Life 'After Virtue': MacIntyre's Stand against Nozick's Position and Lack of Moral Desert" Christian Mecham, "Cast Off Body and Mind: The Teachings of Buddhism as Applied to a Phenomenological Model" They will present their papers at the conference.
(R. to L.) Gabriela Amador, Distinguished Alumnus 2013 Jim McGreevy, Dr. Jeff Dippmann
- James McGreevy (2002), received the Disinguished Alumni Award 2013
(R. to L.) Dr. Jeff Dippman, Distinguished Alumna 2012 Jes Erickson, Dr. Heidi Szpek
- Jessica M. Erickson (2003), received the Distinguished Alumni Award 2012
- Paul Charlton (2005) received the Distinguished Alumni Award 2011
- Duane LaRue (1988) received the Distinguished Alumni Award. 2008
- John Haroldson (1986) received the Distinguished Alumni Award. 2007