Director of Physical Education, School Health, and Coaching
Office: Purser Hall 111
Washington Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (WAHPERD) – College/University Professor of the Year (2012)
- Ed.D. Saint Mary's University, Minneapolis, MN
- M.A. Ball State University, Muncie, IN
- B.A. Carthage College, Kenosha, WI
- Travel with family
- PESH - Physical Education and School Health
- 342 Developmental Movement
- 350 Propulsive and Receptive Skills and Sports
- 438 Practicum IV
- 445 Curriculum Development and Assessment in Physical Education
- HPE - Health/Physical Education
- 561 Curriculum Trends
- 578 Physical Education Promotion Program
- 579 Supervision of Student Teachers in Physical Education
- 580 Physical Education Grant Writing and Fundraising
- 596 Professional Issues
- Advanced Programs 518 Program Evaluation and Assessment
- 525 Organizational Communication
Folsom-Meek, S.L., & Henschel Pellett, H.A. (2011). Perspectives from service learning recipients. In Miller, M.P., & Nendel, J.D., Service Learning in Physical education and Other Related Professions: A Global Perspective (chapter 11). Boston, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
Ward, S., Parker, M., Henschel Pellett, H., & Perez, M. (2012). Forecasting the storm: Student perspectives throughout a teaching personal and social responsibility based positive youth development program. Agora for Physical Education and Sport. Monograph on Teaching Personal and Social Responsibility, (8), 230-247.
Ward, S. & Henschel Pellett, H. (2012). Moving beyond traditions: Guidelines for increasing physical activity among youth. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 83 (5), 7-9.
Henschel Pellett, H. A., Pellett, T.L. (2010). Teaching Tips: Building physical education knowledge and understanding through vocabulary activities. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 81(6), 49-52.
Lim, J., Henschel Pellett, H.A., & Pellett, T. L. (2009). Integrating Digital Video Technology into the Classroom. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 80(6), 40-45, 55.
Henschel Pellett, H. & Pellett, T. (2009). Professional Development Schools: A Model for Developing, Expanding, and Sustaining Effective P-16 Physical Education Partnerships. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 80(1), 31-38.
Henschel Pellett, H.A., Pellett, T.L. (2007). Critical Thinking Assessment: Improving teacher candidate instruction in PDSs (Abstract). Proceedings of the National Professional Development Schools Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada.
Pellett, T.L. & Henschel Pellett, H. (2005). Helping the Struggling PETE Candidate: A Model of Intervention and Assistance. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 76(9), 43-48.