CWU Director of Strategic Planning
Office: Barge Hall 311
CWU page: www.cwu.edu/~madlemm
- Ph.D. Education (Community Health), Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 1993
- M.S. Ed. Guidance and Counseling, Eastern Illinois University, 1985
- B.A. Psychology, Eastern Illinois University, 1984.
- Central Washington University
- Director of Strategic Planning--Reports to the President
- Chair: Central Washington University Faculty Senate 2012-2013
- Editor; Washington State Journal of Public Health Practice; 2008--March, 2013
- Chair: PESPH Department--Summer 2011 & 2012
- Program Director: Public Health Education Program, 2007--2013
- Professor of Community/Public Health, 2007--Present
- Associate Professor of Communiy/Public Health, 2001
- Assistant Professor of Community/Public Health, 1999
- Baylor University, 1994-1999
- Assistant Professor of Health Education
HED - Health Education
- HED 101 - Health Essentials
- HED 209 - Consumer Health
- HED 230 - Foundations of Health
- HED 310 Community Health
- HED 320 - Environmental Health
- HED 321 - Health Aspects of HIV/AIDS
- HED 340 - Technological Applications on HED
- HED 370 - Current Trends: Reducing Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
- HED 370 - Current Trends: Spirituality, Health, and Healing
- HED 380 - Epidemiology
- HED 387 - Stress Management
- HED 410 - Community Health
- HED 412 - Health Aspects of Aging
- HED 440 - Social Marketing
- HED 442 - Field Work and Experience in HED
- HED 445 - Professionalism
- HED 460 - Controversial Issues
- HED 471 - Planning I
- HED 472 - Planning II
- HED 475 - Health Administration
- HED 490 - Cooperative Education
- HED 496 - Independent Study
- HHPR 580 - PE Grant-Writing
- HED 596 - Graduate Independent Study
- HHPR 700 - Thesis
C. Papadopoulos, M. Berdis, M. Madlem, B.E. Saelens, J.F. Sallis, L. Frank, A. King (2011)Differences in neighborhood characteristics and physical activity between older adults in metropolitan and micropolitan counties. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 43(5), S720.
Bridges, K., & Madlem, M. (2007). Yoga, physical education, and self-esteem: Off the court and onto the mat for self-esteem. California Journal of Health Promotion, 5(2), 13-17.
Madlem, M., Booth, C., & Goodloe, N. (2004). Utilizing a coalition model to address clean air: One school’s moldy debate. The Community Psychologist, 37, 4, 7-9.
C. Papadopoulos, M. Berdis, M. Madlem, B.E. Saelens, J.F. Sallis, L. Frank, A. King (June, 2011) Differences in neighborhood characteristics and physical activity between older adults in metropolitan and micropolitan counties. American College of Sports Medicine Conference, Denver, CO.
Madlem, M., & Papadopoulos, H. (2008,October). Communicating with the field: Yes you can publish!. WSPHA/DOH Joint Conference on Health, Yakima, WA.
Madlem, M., & Farmer, G. (2007, November). Evaluation of a modified prime for life curriculum in Central Washington. Poster Session presented at the American Public Health Association Annual Conference, Washington, DC.
Bridges, K., & Madlem, M. (2007, June). Yoga, PE, and self-esteem: Mind/Body connections that work. Poster Session presented at the International Union of Health Education and Health Promotion World Congress, Vancouver, BC.
Madlem, M. & Elliott, K. (2007, June). Pre-Nursing and public health pipelines: Creating the mojo and the flow. Poster Session presented at the International Union of Health Education and Health promotion World Congress, Vancouver, BC.
Madlem, M. et.al. (2003, November). Male contributions to Hispanic pregnancy prevention. Poster session presented at the American Public Health Association National Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
Madlem, M. et.al. (2003, November). Hanging on the telephone: Messaging to youth through calling cards. Poster session presented at the American Public Health Association National Meeting, San Francisco, CA.