For parking in on-campus lots, permits are required year-round, Monday - Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Parking does not have to be a challenge at CWU. We hope this information helps you learn the campus parking system in order to avoid infractions and other frustrations. To be completely informed of campus parking rules, we encourage you to read the Parking and Traffic Regulations and review the other pages on our web site. The best way to avoid costly frustration is to learn the rules and reads the signs.
- Park your vehicle only in spaces specifically marked for parking. The absence of a "No Parking" sign in a certain area does not mean that parking is allowed there.
- Permits must be displayed properly on the vehicle. Hanging permits must be displayed on the rear view mirror, and daily permits must be displayed on the dashboard with the date facing up. Money paid for a parking permit does not guarantee or reserve a specific parking space. Lack of space or lack of convenient space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of these regulations by any person operating a motor vehicle on university property.
- All lots have signs indicating the type of permits allowed. Restrictions are in effect weekdays from 7:30 a.m.until 4:30 p.m., however, there are some areas enforced 24 hours/day. It is very important to read and understand the signs and regulations.
- Parking permits are required during all breaks.
- If you park illegally and do not find a ticket on your car, do not assume that you were not ticketed or that it was okay for you to park there. You are responsible for any tickets to your permit or vehicle. You may call our office to find out if you were issued a ticket.
- Hanging permits can be transferred to whatever vehicle the permit holder is parking on campus.
- Tickets are billed first to the permit holder. If no permit is displayed, the ticket is billed to the vehicle's registered owner. Permit holders are responsible for all tickets issued to their permit, regardless of vehicle ownership.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled on campus and you are unable to move it, contact University Police and Public Safety immediately at 509-963-2959.
- Once you have found a place to park, the easiest way to move from class to class is to walk.
- If you have a question about parking, don't ask your RA, your friend, or your mom who attended CWU in the 80's; ask Parking Services. We are not responsible for any misinformation that does not come from us.