Outdoor Pursuits & Rentals is hosting our annual photo contest. The purpose of the contest is to generate an appreciation for the outdoors through photographs taken by CWU students. Our goal is to find photos that best express the beauty and serenity of the natural environment as well as the exhilaration that is found in outdoor activities. The Outdoor Photo Contest is a Juried Show
1. Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo, and a signed entry form is required for each photo being submitted.
2. Entrants must be students or faculty of Central Washington University.
3. Entries must be submitted as an 8x10in or 8x12in print. Do not frame or matte entries. Clearly print your name on the back of your photo. The original slide or negative may be requested for enlargement.
4. A digital image of each entry must also be submitted. Images should be saved as a .jpg files and made approximately 2400 pixels in the longest dimension (300dpi at 8 inches would be the same). Digital images can be submitted on a CD, DVD, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. All entries must be outdoor photos and outdoor activities. The contest is divided into 3 categories; participants may enter into any or all:
o Outdoor – Images that embrace the beauty of our natural environments
o Pursuit – Images of people embracing the adventure and complexity of the outdoors
o Rental – images of gear based pursuits
6. Each entrant is asked to please limit the total number of entries to 3. Titles and captions for photos should be included along with a description of less than 100 words that describes the photo, its surroundings or the circumstances under which it was taken.
7. Entry fees are $5 per photo entry or $12 for 3.
8. Outdoor Pursuits assumes no responsibility for submission. All entries agree Outdoor Pursuits has the right to use, without further compensation, the photographs for promotion, publication and display.
9. Entries will be juried for voting and display based on appeal, content, and representation of the outdoors and outdoor activities.
10. Selected entries will be on display for voting from April 15, 2013 – April 17, 2013 in the SURC. CWU students, faculty/staff, and the campus community will vote on the photos and winners will be decided based on these votes.
11. There will be one winner in each category and one “Best of Show” photo. The winning entries will be announced on the afternoon of April 18, 2013 during the OPR Spring Symposium.
12. The winning photos will be enlarged for display in OPR.
13. The deadline to turn in entries is April 12, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact OPR at (509) 963-3537, or email email@example.com.