Faculty Open Canvas Lab:
Every Tuesday (Noon-2pm), Black Hall 141 - Drop in, no registration needed. Stop by and get your questions answered by a Canvas specialist!
Winter 2015 Schedule
To register for one of the workshops below, please login to MyCWU>> Main Menu>> Human Resources>>Self Service>> Learning and Development>>Request Training Enrollment
* Workshops eligible for the Master Online Teacher Certification
Faculty at the University Centers and the Ellensburg campus, who wish to attend a training session from the comfort of their own office, may request a live training webinar delivered via Collaborate.
For more information on these sessions please call Delayna Breckon 509-963-1172
- CAN126 - Introducing Panopto Lecture Capture, Black Hall 141 - Wednesday, January 28, 2-3pm; Instructor: Chad Schone, Media Tech Senior (Additional workshop dates: Feb.5, 1-2pm; Feb. 11, 2-3pm)
Participants will explore the Panopto interface, getting hands-on instruction on how to record a lecture that includes video, audio and presentation slides. They will also learn basic editing and how to add recorded sessions to their Canvas courses
- *CAN104 - Canvas Gradebook & Speedgrader, Black Hall 141 - Wednesday, January 28, 4-5pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon, Canvas Admin
Learn how to set up your gradebook either with group weights or straight points, for online or in-person courses. Bring your iPad or tablet to explore the Speedgrader app
- *CAN123 - Online Tests & Respondus, Black Hall 141 - Thursday, January 29, 2-3pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon, Canvas Admin
Learn how to streamline test creation using a specific format in Word, and the licensed program Respondus, availabe to CWU faculty. Discover how test settings can help preserve online assessment integrity and how to utilize the LockDown Browser.
- CAN124 - Organizing Your Course with Pages & Modules, Black Hall 141 - Monday, January 26, 1-2pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon, Canvas Admin
Learn how to organize your course using a best practice, modules! Find out why students prefer courses that are organized by modules and pages!
- CAN127 - Web Conferencing in Canvas, Black Hall 141 - Monday, February 2, 2:30-3:30pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon, Canvas Admin
Explore the two web conferencing programs in Canvas, Bb Collaborate and Conferences.
- CAN101 - Intro to Canvas, Black Hall 141 - Thursday, February 19, 1-2pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon, Canvas Admin
Have you delayed getting started in Canvas? Come learn how to navigate Canvas and build a simple Canvas course.
- *QUA001 - Qualtrics & Surveys in the Classroom, Black Hall 141 - Wednesday, February 25, 2-3:30pm; Instructor: Dr. Todd Weber, Faculty Fellow, College of Business
Learn how to use Qualtrics, the sophisticated survey creation software, and discuss ways it can be integrated into the classroom.
*CAN125 - Universal Design & Usability, Black Hall 141 -Wednesday, March 4, 2-4pm; Instructor: Julie Jensen, Instructional Designer / Manager of MEC
Learn how to design your course with accessibility and usability in mind. Universal design benefits all students and provides a framework of best practices to help you deliver a successful online course.
Webinars offered by Canvas
To view the schedule and register for these webinars follow this link:
Upcoming Topics for Winter & Spring term:
Hone Your Home Page
Mobile Series: Canvas Mobile 2.0 for iPad, Android, iPhone
A Tour of the Canvas Conference Tool (BigBlueButton)
Mobile Series: Mobile-Friendly Assignments
Mobile Series: Discussions in the Palm of Your Hand
The Design, Delivery and Assessment of Discussions
Instructor Training for LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor