Faculty Open Canvas & Panopto Lab:
Every Tuesday (Noon-2pm), Black Hall 141 - Drop in, no registration needed. Want to get started with Panopto lecture capture or need to refresh your memory on how to use the Canvas gradebook? Stop by and get your questions answered by a Panopto or Canvas specialist!
Spring 2015 Schedule
To register for one of the workshops below, please login to MyCWU>> Main Menu>> Human Resources>>Self Service>> Learning and Development>>Request Training Enrollment
* Workshops eligible for the Master Online Teacher Certification
Faculty at the University Centers and the Ellensburg campus, who wish to attend a training session from the comfort of their own office, may request a live training webinar delivered via Collaborate.
For more information on these sessions please call Delayna Breckon 509-963-1172
- *CAN104 - Save Time Grading: Canvas Assignments, Rubrics and SpeedGrader, Black Hall 141 - Wednesday, May 13, 1-2pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon
Learn how to save time grading, by using assignments with online submissions, Canvas rubric tools and weighted grades. Let the Speedgrader work for you, by using the inline grading tools.
- *CAN123 - Online Tests & Respondus, Black Hall 141 - Monday, May 18, 2-3pm; Instructor: Delayna Breckon
This workshop will cover how to use Respondus 4.0 to create online tests in Canvas. We will also cover the test-setting options available in Canvas, which include time limits, randomized questions, auto-grade features, and highlight best practices for maintaining integrity with online tests.
- CAN126 - Introducing Panopto Lecture Capture, Black Hall 141 - Thursday, May 28, 2pm-3pm; Instructor: Chad Schone, Media Tech Senior
Participants will explore the Panopto interface, getting hands-on instruction on how to record a lecture that includes video, audio and presentation slides. They will also learn basic editing and how to add recorded sessions to their Canvas courses
- *CAN125 - Universal Design & Usability, Black Hall 141 -Thursday, June 4, 2-4pm; Instructor: Julie Jensen, Instructional Designer / Manager of MEC
Learn how to design your course with accessibility and usability in mind. Universal design benefits all students and provides a framework of best practices to help you deliver a successful online course.
Webinars offered by Canvas
To view the schedule and register for these webinars follow this link:
Upcoming Topics for Winter & Spring term:
Hone Your Home Page
Mobile Series: Canvas Mobile 2.0 for iPad, Android, iPhone
A Tour of the Canvas Conference Tool (BigBlueButton)
Mobile Series: Mobile-Friendly Assignments
Mobile Series: Discussions in the Palm of Your Hand
The Design, Delivery and Assessment of Discussions
Instructor Training for LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor