Last updated 12-05-12
- If I have to use Groupwise for my e-mail in Blackboard how can I foward it to preferred e-mail program such as Hotmail or Yahoo?
- I am still having trouble logging into Blackboard. What am I doing wrong?
- What do I do if I forgot my password for Blackboard?
- Blackboard doesn't seem to work on my computer at home, but it does work on other computers. What is the problem?
- Where can I receive more help with Blackboard?
- How do I learn how to use Blackboard software?
- What should I do if I get kicked offline while taking an online test?
- If my question isn't answered here how can I find the answer
Start up a GroupWise client and do the following:
- Click on Tools
- Click on Rules
- Click on New
- Enter a rule name, this is for reference only
- Set check box for "New Item" Received
- Set check box "Mail" under Item types
- Click on Add Action
- Select "Delegate"
- Enter your forwarding email address at your ISP
- Click OK
- Click on Add Action
- Select "Delete/Decline" to make sure forwarded mail is deleted
- Enter comment or leave empty, and Click on OK
- Click on Save
Back in Rules window, Rule name should be checked, if not Click on Enable. Don't forget help is available in GroupWise.
Here are some possibilities
A) Be sure that you are typing in the correct URL for Blackboard at CWU. The URL is http://courses .cwu.edu 
Notice that there is no www in the URL and that we are not www.Blackboard.com .
B) Blackboard by default uses your staff acccount. If your recently were hired at cwu and you are loggining in with your student username you may have trouble. You can request that we change your username back to your student username by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 
If you forgot you password for Blackboard you can reset it by accessing the Novell/Safari account activation page at http://www.cwu.edu/mypassword 
You will be asked to enter your student ID and registration pin number. If you have additional questions and concerns regarding your Novell/Safari/Blackboard password please call CSS at 963-2001.
You may receive help by choosing from one of the support options at the following web page: http://www.cwu.edu/online-learning/blackboard-help-support. 
Your instructor will normally give you instructions regarding the aspects of Blackboard they would like you to use. If you missed the day when he/she went over the information you may consult the Blackboard student manual located under the Tools button in your course or look at the tutorials (currently under development) at
There are many things that can cause this to happen. It could be that your internet service provider (ISP) imposes a timeout for inactity in your browser. You can determine additional possible causes by reading the Test Taking Tips for Student.  The best thing to do is to contact your instructor immediatelty. Professors are able to verify that you started the test and were kicked off. It is up to your instructor to decide if they will allow you to resubmit. If for any reason they are unable to retrieve this information for making their decision, they will contact the Blackboard Administrator.
If you would like a question answered in this FAQ that does not appear here please e-mail it to me at email@example.com