You may run a browser test to ensure that your computer system is properly configured for the web courses. It verifies your browser version, browser settings and display settings on your computer.
Download free programs and players
For Mac and Windows users:
- Mozilla Firefox 
- Adobe Reader 
- Adobe Flash Player 
- Shockwave Player 
- Apple iTunes 
- Apple Quick Time 
- Real Player 
- Microsoft Media Player 
For Windows users:
- If you do not own Microsoft Office:
- PowerPoint Viewer 2007  - This viewer will let you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint.
- Excel Viewer  - Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.
- Word Viewer  - View, print, and copy Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed.
- Visio 2007 Viewer  - This viewer will allow you to view Visio drawing and diagrams from within Internet Explorer.
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for 2007 File Formats  - Open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the file formats new to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 using Office 2003.
- Microsoft Works 6-9 File Converter  - The Works 6-9 File Converter allows you to open, edit, and save documents created in Microsoft Works using Microsoft Word.
- Open Office  - download Open Office, is an open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores all your data in an international open standard format and can also read and write files from other common office software packages. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose.
Students can purchase software applications and operating systems at academic pricing online from the Wildcat Shop .
Browser Settings and Configuration:
Please be sure you have the following settings in your browser:
- Accept Cookies
- Enable JAVA
- Disable Popup Blockers
In Firefox 3.6.x and higher you may reset these settings by clicking on Tools in the menu bar at the top of your browser. Next click on Options and find and set proper features under the Content and Privacy buttons.
Pop-Up Blockers must be turned off If you have problems after logging into Blackboard after clicking links that may open a new window you probably have your browser set to block pop-ups. This has been occuring when students try to take tests that are set to open in a new window. In this case a blank page appears after the link is clicked to take the test. Blocking of pop-ups is something you can turn on or off if you have Internet Explorer 6.02 or higher. To turn it off go to Tools menu-->Pop-up Blocker-->Turn Off Pop-up Blocker. If you don't have this option in the Tools Menu please go Tools Menu-->Window Update to update your browser.
Is Your Browser Configured for Blackboard? Test it at the link below:
Browser Test