If you start to feel that the party is getting too big or out-of-control, or you feel uncomfortable for any reason, your best bet is to leave. Some simple tips:
- Trust your intuition about the situation – if it feels risky, it probably is!
- Make up an excuse to leave, like you have to meet a friend, or your boyfriend/girlfriend just called and needs you right away.
- Even if you feel un-cool for leaving, it is better than experiencing a party bust.
- Talk with your friends before the party and make a plan about what circumstances would make you want to stay or leave, and how to buddy up for safety.
- If you decide to leave alone, always tell someone you’re leaving and where you are going.