To prevent from getting a police citation
- If you are under 21, don’t drink and don’t have alcohol in your possession, even if it is for someone else! It’s illegal, and could result in a $5,000 fine and/or 1 year in jail. Ouch.
- If a police officer comes to the party, always cooperate. Additional citations can occur when people are uncooperative or give police a hard time.
- If the police break up the party, cooperate. If they ask you to leave, then leave, but don’t drive if you’ve been drinking. Not only could you be cited for driving under the influence, but you could injure or kill yourself or someone else. Walk, catch a ride with a sober friend, or call the local taxi, at 509-929-4222.
- Be aware of what IS and IS NOT part of the property you are visiting. Destroying or mistreating a neighbor's property is the quickest way to get a police citation.
- Avoid parties at notorious “party houses,” as they are more likely to prompt a neighbor to complain, leading to a visit by the police.