To prevent your stuff from getting stolen:
- Monitor who enters the party. Don't let people in that no one knows. A guest list makes this easier. Having an "everyone is welcome" party is the quickest way to get your stuff stolen.
- Hide or protect valuables and lock areas that you don’t want people to enter.
- Keep the party in a central location of the house.
- Avoid letting people get intoxicated.
- Keep an inventory of your stuff and check it after the party.
- Call the police and report any missing items.
- Pay attention to people who leave early, or people who come with backpacks.