AIS PROGRAM GOALS
The American Indian Studies Program is designed:
- To provide opportunities to study the customs, values, traditions, histories, and contemporary lifeways of American Indian nations and peoples.
- To provide students with a critical, holistic, and community-centered background for careers in a number of disciplines.
- To prepare students to effectively serve American Indian tribal and urban communities.
- To build and support cooperative relationships with tribal communities within and around Washington State and other academic institutions, tribal colleges, and the local central Washington community.
- To provide outreach and community service opportunities that will help promote the cultural, educational, economic, and natural resource development of the region.