Music Department Scholarships
How to Apply
Music Department scholarships are awarded based on talent, need, and the needs of the department. There are several general scholarships as well as scholarships awarded to specific areas. These awards are assigned based on individual qualifications. There is no need to apply for 'specific' scholarships. For incoming students, your application to and audition for the CWU Music Department is also your application for partial and full tuition music scholarships. For returning students, submit a letter to the CWU Music Scholarship Committee addressing your financial need and record of accomplishment while at CWU.
- Peggy Schaake Scholarships
Each year, through the generosity of Peggy Schaake and the College of Arts and Humanities, the music department awards a number of scholarships that cover tuition for the first two years of study at CWU. These awards are the largest presented by the department. These are the music department’s top awards and are available for outstanding, talented incoming music students. Currently, the department is looking to award these scholarships to students in the following areas. Although we are looking for these specific talents, we will always consider talent in any musical area as top priority.
- double reed (oboe, bassoon)
- french horn
- alto voice
- tenor voice
- Jazz In the Valley Scholarship
The Board of Jazz In The Valley has established a monetary scholarship for the benefit of graduating high school student and transfer students wishing to pursue music studies at Central Washington University, with an emphasis in jazz performance and study.
For more info Click Here
*The CWU Music Department has a number of scholarship funds available for incoming students and uses your application materials to make awards.
- Presser Foundation Scholarship
The Presser Scholarship is one of the largest awards presented by the department (currently about $5,000). The funds are awarded to the department annually by the Presser Foundation. In the spring of each year, the faculty chooses an outstanding student to receive this award for the following academic year.
- Gallucci Music Scholarship
The Gallucci Scholarship is awarded annually by the department to an Elementary Music Education major. In the spring of each year, the faculty chooses an outstanding student to receive this award for the following academic year.
The CWU Music Department has a number of scholarship funds available for returning students and uses your application materials to make awards.
General CWU Scholarships
These are awards available to all CWU Students without regard to major. Deadlines for applications occur in early spring, so apply early to ensure consideration for these awards.
The Department of Music at Central Washington University
is an accredited institutional member of the
National Association of Schools of Music.
Scholarship Search Sites
- College Scholarships.org
- Scholarship Points
- FinAid Unusual Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Scholarship America
- Education Grant
State & National Scholarship Opportunities
- Washington State Scholarship Foundation
- Washington Scholarship Coalition
- Washington Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Talbots Scholarship Foundation
- BMI Foundation
- Sallie Mae Fund
- DAR National Society
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Hispanic College Fund
- PFLAG National Scholarship Foundation
- LGBT Foundation Pfund Scholarships
- Simon Youth Foundation
- American Indian Endowed Scholarship — $500 to $2000 awarded each year to up to 15 American Indian undergraduate students attending a Washington college.
- Corporate Sponsored Scholarship Program— $400 to $3500 awarded each year to 20-70 undergraduate students attending a Washington college.
- Margarite Mcalpin Nurse's Scholarship — $300 awarded each year to one undergraduate or graduate student who is Washington resident and majoring in nursing.
- Washington Award for Vocational Excellence (WAVE) — Varied amount awarded each year to up to 147 undergraduate students attending a Washington college.
- Washington Promise Scholarship — Up to $1000 awarded each year to varied number of freshmen and sophomore undergraduates attending a Washington college.
- Washington Scholars Program — Varied amount awarded each year to varied number of undergraduate students attending a Washington college.
- Washington State Parent Teacher Association Scholarships — $1000 to $2000 awarded each year to 60-80 freshmen undergraduate students attending a Washington college.
Last updated 2011-01-05