Each year, the Music Department gives over $100,000 in scholarships for incoming and returning students. All incoming students are automatically considered for a scholarship based upon CWU and music department admission requirements (No music department scholarship application is required). All applicants must submit an application to CWU and schedule an audition with the Department of Music. Scholarship recipients must maintain full-time enrollment as a major in music.
These prestigious awards are granted to the applicants who:
- Exhibit exceptional abilities.
- Best demonstrate their ambition to pursue a career in music.
- Have maintained a good academic record.
- Demonstrate financial need.
Scholarship recipients are expected to represent the Department of Music by promoting music education at public and/or school-related events, perform in specific ensembles, and act as role models for other students.
Admission/Scholarship auditions for fall 2015 were held in January . If you missed these opportunities please contact your particular performance area director to set up an audition.
- Music department scholarships decisions mid-February
- FAFSA Priority deadline March 15, 2015
- CWU undergraduate priority April 1, 2015
For more information, visit the Office of Financial Aid