The standards below are applicable to transfer students wishing to enter CWU at the 300 level.
"The man who think he can
and the man who thinks he can't are both right"
- Henry Ford
- Concertos and unaccompanied works must be memorized. Materials of similar difficulty may be substituted at teacher’s discretion.
- All works of each category must be at performance level complete with good intonation, rhythm, and sense of style.
- All applied lesson students must participate in the CWU Orchestra or Lab Orchestra.
- It is highly encouraged of all Bachelor of Music candidates to perform on at least four convocations during your tenure.
- Music Education majors are required to achieve 364 level for at least two quarters of study.
- Normally, a student will advance no faster than one level per year.
Course Minimum Entrance Requirements:
All major and minor scales in octaves and at least first twelve of the Popper High School of Cello Playing etudes
(Complete at least one work from each of the following categories)
- Bach Suite No. 3 or 4 (Prelude plus 2 movements)
- Beethoven No. 3 or 5
- Bach Sonata in G minor
- Boccherini A major
- Haydn C
- Tchaikovsky Rococo Variations
Performance in solo or joint recital required at the 364 (junior) level.