CWU Shines Bright at NW Horn Symposium
- Congratulations to Jeff Snedeker and our Horn students on their outstanding performance at the Northwest Horn Symposium this past weekend.
- Sophie Mortensen (a freshman!) was the winner of Mock Orchestral Audition
- Logan Moss received honorable mention
Yamaha Young Artist Competition
- Congratulations to Braden Waddell, winner of this prestigious trumpet award.
CWU NAfME Chapter win nation recognition
- Our CWU collegiate chapter just received national recognition for receiving 1st place in the project based competition for advocacy in music education. Our students produced a great video on the value of music education, and lots of balloon popping with the “Beyond the Bubbles Challenge” theme. See video HERE.
Alder Street Quartet, Carrie Michel
Advancing to the national competition finals of the Music Teachers National Association held in Las Vegas in March
our CWU collegiate chapter who just received national recognition for receiving 1st place in the project based competition for advocacy in music education. Our students produced a great video on the value of music education, and lots of balloon popping with the “Beyond the Bubbles Challenge” theme.
Monterey Jazz Festival
- Jazz Band 1 Won the Next Generation Jazz Festival and will now perform at the Monterey Jazz Festival in September!
- Jazz Band I, Chris Bruya, earned coveted invitation to compete at Next Generation Jazz Festival, March 27
Boots & Cats - Int’l Championship Collegiate A Cappella
- 1st place overall – moving on to LA to semi-finals
- Antonio Fernandez, "Best Vocal Percussion”
MUSIC AT CENTRAL
Music at Central, the experience of a lifetime! Facilities second to none, great ensembles in all areas, highly skilled faculty committed to your progress, a supportive community of musicians with high expectations and a commitment to excellence, a place where the dedication and discipline needed to excel never overshadows the joy of making music. Interested in becoming part of this extraordinary place?
Sign up now!
Receive notification via E-mail
for Music Department events
|La Sedia Musica|
You can further the excellence of our Music Department! A contribution of $250 will contribute to the department foundation, and inscribe your name, or the name of a loved one, on a chair in our beautiful Concert Hall.
Many thanks to our sponsors!