CWU Pep Band
About the Ensemble
The CWU Pep Band is an auditioned group of 30-40 players supporting the men and women’s basketball teams and other special university events. Auditions take place during fall quarter. Pep Band instrumentation consist of the following: piccolo, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, mellophone, trombone, baritone, sousaphone, guitar, electric bass, and percussion (drum set).
Although the pep band is not an academic class, students selected for the ensemble must adhere to a published performance schedule. The ensemble will have scheduled rehearsals in early January prior to the start of performances.
A performance stipend, which is unique and specific to the pep band, is available for selected participants. Students receive a stipend per event (performance/ rehearsal). Current rate of stipend is $25.00/performance/rehearsal. To be eligible for the full amount, members are expected to be on time for call-time and to remain present for the duration of the performance/event. Failure to comply will result in a reduction of the performance stipend. Additional information on reduction of stipend is described below:
- Unexcused tardy for rehearsal, Reduction of $5.00
- Unexcused tardy for performance, Reduction of $10.00
*Schedule is subject to change with advanced notification
- 1/19/23 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm Mandatory Rehearsal
- 1/21/23 2:00 pm Northwest Nazarene (Women)
- 1/26/23 6:15 pm Seattle Pacific University (Women)
- 1/26/23 7:30 pm Seattle Pacific University (Men)
- 1/28/23 4:15 pm Montana State Billings (Women)
- 1/28/23 6:15 pm Montana State Billings (Men)
- 2/9/23 5:00 pm Alaska Fairbanks (Women)
- 2/11/23 10:00 am-10:30 am Wildcat Preview Day
- 2/11/23 4:00 pm Alaska Anchorage (Women)
- 2/11/23 6:15 pm Northwest Nazarene (Men)
- 2/16/23 7:00 pm Simon Fraser (Men)
- 2/18/23 6:00 pm Western Washington (Men)
About the Audition Process
Each member of the pep band must audition via electronic submission. Although you are encouraged to submit your audition materials before the deadline, submissions will be accepted through Friday, Dec. 2, 2022 by 11:59pm. Please note, audition materials submitted after this deadline will be accepted at the director’s discretion.
For questions please contact:
Dr. T. Andre Feagin, Director of Bands