A fun 5k run/walk and 10k run celebrating Earth Day and our favorite anadromous fish. Register before April 1st to guarantee a t-shirt!
The course is run on and around the Central Washington University campus, beginning and ending in front of Dean Hall. The 10K course is two loops of the 5K course.
Registration for the 5k and 10k includes water on the course, refreshments after the race, and a t-shirt for those who register early.
5K - $20.00
10K - $25.00
Small Fry kid's dash - Free (day of registration only)
Register online at Wildcat Tickets, or in person at the CWU Welcome Center or Wildcat Store in the SURC. Day of registration will be available, cash or check only.
Schedule of Events, 4/22/2017
9:00 a.m - Packet pick up and day of registration opens
10:00 a.m. - 5k/10k race start
11:15 a.m. - Kid's run
11:30 a.m. - Awards presentation
As always, this event happens on the same day as the annual Earth Day Family Festival, which includes more than 40 organizations offering family friendly activities and information about sustainability and environmental awareness. Sponsors include Yakama Nation Fisheries, Fred Meyer, the Yakima Basin Integrated Plan, the Kittitas Reclamation district, Starbucks, McDonald's of Yakima, and the CWU Wildcat Shop.
The course is mostly flat, with a gentle upward slope as you run north and a gentle downward slope as you run south. Read below for turn-by-turn directions. A course map will be below the directions, or you can check out this g-maps route.
• From the sidewalk on the east side of Dean Hall, head south down the walkway and veer left past the Japanese Gardens.
• At the sidewalk in front of the Student Union Building, veer northeast between dormitories.
• Turn left and run north past Hertz Hall.
• Turn left again and run for a block along Dean Nicholson Blvd/14th Ave. until you reach Walnut St. There should be someone here to help direct traffic.
• Cross Walnut and run back along the north side of Dean Nicholson Blvd until you reach Alder St.
• Turn left at Alder and run north along Alder St until you reach E. 18th Ave.
• Turn left and run west on 18th until you reach Walnut.
• Turn left on Walnut and run south until you reach Dean Nicholson Blvd.
• Cross Dean Nicholson and turn right.
• Run west along Dean Nicholson until you reach Wildcat Way.
• Turn left on Wildcat Way and run south (you will cross a small bridge with a steep incline or stairs after about a block). Continue south until you reach University Way.
• Turn left at University Way until you reach Chestnut St.
• Turn left and run north for about a block.
• Turn left on the sidewalk between the Mary Grupe Center and Black Hall.
• Run west until you reach the Walnut Mall / sidewalk in front of the new construction (about a block).
• Turn right, head north a short distance, then turn left and run northwest back toward Dean Hall/where you started.
• This is the finish line! If you’re running the 5k, you’re done. If you’re running the 10k – turn around and do it all again!
2017 Salmon Run Logo designed by Jane Go.
Read Dr. Jessica Mayhew's commentary on objects carried by two chimpanzees residing in Chimpanzee SaCWU Extends “The Things We Carry” Exhibit To June 11
A toddler’s brown and white polka-dotted dress adorned with a white ruffle collar and bow hangs nCWU Exhibit Highlights 'The Things We Carried'
Museum exhibits usually have an eye-catching item or two, but when you walk into Central Washington