- Qualifications required of candidates: Enrollment in an APA or CPA accredited doctoral program in counseling or clinical psychology. Majority of all clinical coursework completed and a minimum of 1,000 total hours of supervised graduate practicum experience are required by the application date; 500 hours of combined intervention and assessment experience is required by the application date. All comprehensive exams and dissertation proposal must be completed/passed prior to the application deadline.
- Completion of the official application form of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC). This application can be found on their web site. When completing the section on anticipated practicum experience after Nov. 1st, please specify your anticipated number of intervention hours and assessment hours separately (e.g., 50 hours intervention and 10 hours assessment).
- An official copy of your graduate transcript(s) must be received with the application.
- A current vita providing information on educational background, employment history, and professional training and experience.
- Cover letter/Letter of Application (as part of the AAPI) specifically describing your interest in our site, what would make you a good fit, and your specific goals for internship and how our site would help you meet those goals.
- Three recommendation letters from those familiar with your recent professional development. Two of the letters must be from people who directly supervised your clinical work. We strongly prefer letters from agency supervisors rather than faculty supervisors of practicum courses unless the faculty supervisor was directly affiliated with the practicum site and provided direct oversight of your professional and clinical functioning within the agency.
- Application materials (including letters of recommendation and transcripts) must be submitted through the "AAPI Online" system. You may access the AAPI Online system by following this link.
- Telephone inquiries may be made to Cindy Bruns, Ph.D.at (509) 963-1319. Or by email to Brunsc@cwu.edu. Our FAX number is (509) 963-1886.
- The complete application must be submitted through the AAPI Online system no later than 11:59pm on November 3, 2014.
- All candidates will be notified about their interview status no later than December 15th, 2014.
- Please note that a background check is required for all new employees at Central Washington University. For more information regarding CWU's background check policies and procedures, please click on the following links:
http://www.cwu.edu/resources-reports/cwup-2-30-010-background-check and http://www.cwu.edu/resources-reports/cwur-1-70-010-background-check
Background checks are conducted after Match Day so that only matched applicants are subject to the background check for both cost and time effectiveness reasons. This means, if an applicant matched with our internship program fails their background check, the internship offer may be withdrawn in accordance with university employment policies and as allowed under the APPIC guidelines. Please note that a past criminal conviction does not necessarily preclude you from employment as an intern. If you have any concerns about this policy, please contact Cindy Bruns, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or our HR department at email@example.com.
- Because interns work in an integrated medical and counseling clinic and are thus at potentially increased risk for exposure to communicable diseases, matched interns will be asked to show proof of current immunizations, demonstrate immunity through blood titer or skin test (done at clinic for not cost to the intern), or document personal objection to immunization in accordance with state law. Interns needing catch-up vaccines can be provided these by the clinic at no cost to the intern.
Please Note: This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will elicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any applicant.