CWU provides its students with medical care through an on-campus medical clinic, which is staffed by a board certified family practice physician, board certified physician assistants, board certified advanced nurse practitioners, registered nurses including an RN certified in college health care, a licensed practical nurse and registered medical technologists. The facility maintains its own laboratory and x-ray services, and provides supplies and equipment that allow for a wide range of general medical practice services including:
- Care of acute and chronic illnesses
- Evaluation and treatment of orthopedic injuries including splinting and casting
- Routine examinations including women's annual examination and Pap smears, sports exams, pre-employment exams, international student exams, etc.
- STD evaluation, testing and treatment, including HIV counseling and testing
- Contraception, pregnancy testing and counseling, emergency oral contraception
- Minor surgery including mole biopsies, laceration repairs and scar revisions, ingrown toenail removal, removal of foreign bodies, etc.
- Mental health medical evaluation and treatment
- Allergy injections
- Other various medical treatments such as wart removal, impacted earwax, etc.
Students are seen on an appointment basis. Students with urgent needs are evaluated, and provided care on an urgent basis, or if necessary, are referred to appropriate off-campus care.
Appointments can be made beginning each weekday at 7:30 a.m. by calling (509) 963-1881. Summer hours will vary.