The Counseling Clinic believes that the more informed people are about mental health concerns, effective coping strategies, and relationship skills, the more effective they can be in their day to day lives. Toward this end, the Clinic is pleased to present educational workshops on a variety of topics.
Presentation topics include, but are not limited to:
- Stress Management, Lifestyle Changes
- 6 Steps to Better Mental Health
- Effective Communication Skills
- Coping with Break-ups
- What to do if a Friend is in Crisis
- Introduction to Counseling Services
- Ways to Manage Test Anxiety
We also are available to help with staff and faculty trainings on topics related to:
- Mental health
- Crisis intervention
- How to make referrals to the clinic
We are also available for tabling events, to be a supportive presence at potentially emotionally charged events, and special topics as requested by specific groups.
Due to our high service demands, we may not be able to accommodate all outreach requests, but we will do our best. To increase the chances that we can accommodate your request, please contact us at least 4 weeks in advance of your preferred date. It is also helpful if you have a clear idea of the topic you would like use to present on, the amount of time for the presentation, and any other details you can provide.
We are available to consult with residence hall staff, CWU faulty and staff, and occasionally community members.
Common topics that people seek consultation:
- Worried about a student
- Help working with challenging students
- Learning more about counseling services
- What to do in a crisis situation
- A student has a dramatic drop in grades
- A student is struggling with a mental illness such as depression, anxiety, psychosis, substance abuse or anger
- A student was sexually harassed or assaulted