- Review the Eligibility Requirements. Because this is a federally funded program, these are strict requirements.
- Click here to download and print a paper application
- If you have attended another college or university besides CWU, one copy of your transcripts from that institution (unofficial is okay) in Word or pdf format (we will access your CWU records);
- A copy of your & your parent's (if you are a dependent) 1040 with the SSN blacked out;
- Application Essay; and
- Two recommendation letters. (It is most appropriate to obtain letters from CWU faculty in your major or academic advisor. If you have questions or unusual circumstances, please contact the McNair office.) Transfer students, entering CWU as a Junior in the Fall may provide letters from faculty at their current institution. These should be mailed separately.
- Before your final acceptance into the McNair Program, there will be a brief interview with the Program Staff.
- If you would like to apply to complete the Science Honors Program AND the McNair Scholars Program simultaneously, you may. Please indicate that along with completing the demographic information on the online application. In lieu of completing the rest of the McNair application (with a personal statement and letters of reference), you will submit a copy of your Science Honors application materials to the McNair program office in Hertz 201 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For all future cohorts: All science majors who are eligible to apply for the Science Honors Program will be strongly encouraged to apply. The Science Honors Program is a source of additional funding, support and opportunities for McNair Scholars and these programs are committed to working together.
- Faculty Recommendation Form as interactive - PDF or Word DOC
Mail completed Recommendation Letters to: CWU McNair Office Hertz Hall Room 201, Ellensburg, Washington 98926-7516
CWU mailstop: 7516
You may complete the online application and upload transcripts and IRS 1040 form by clicking on the application above. Letters of recommendation from faculty must be mailed separately.
Overview of Class Sequence for Students Participating in Both Science Honors and McNair Scholars Programs
|First Year||Second Year|
|Spring Quarter||Spring Quarter|