Skip to body
Links for Alumni
Scholarships, Fellowships, Financial Aid, Grants:
Graduate School survival guides:
A survival guide for Ethnic Minority graduate students:
Links with information on managing relationships/family while in grad school:
Summer Research Opportunities:
- Great Summer research programs for students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical fields: http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/programs.asp?descriptorhub=SummerResearch_Summer%20Research%20Opportunity
- This research experience is supported by NSF and is a great educational opportunity: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5517&from=fund
- SPIRE Postdoctoral Program - Accepting Applications: The Seeding Postdoctoral Innovators in Research and Education (SPIRE) program is now accepting applications for FALL 2011. The program is an NIH/NIGMS funded, 3 year postdoctoral fellowship which combines 2 years of research and 1 year of teaching along with professional development opportunities to prepare scholars for careers in academia. Scholars engage in independent research at UNC Chapel Hill and teach at one of our partner minority serving institutions in North Carolina with the goal of increasing diversity in science professions.
- NASA Graduate Student Research Program (GSRP): The goals of NASA's GSRP are to cultivate research ties to the academic community, increase the number of highly trained scientists and engineers in aeronautics and space related disciplines, and broaden the base of students pursuing advanced degrees in science, mathematics, and engineering.
- Hispanic Dissertation Support The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE) and Educational Testing Service (ETS): Outstanding Dissertations Competition. AAHHE and ETS recognize the significant need to increase the number of Hispanics receiving doctoral degrees, entering higher education on the tenure track, and eventually serving in faculty leadership and administrative roles.
- Dissertation Calculator This calculator from the University of Minnesota Libraries helps you break the writting process of your dissertation down into a managable schedule along with providing you with helpful resources and advice.
- PhinisheD is a online support group for "people trying to finish their dissertaions or theses, and those who have been there." The group also has pages for undergraduates who are considering continuing on to graduate school, any student with what seems to be an insurmountable writting task, and family members who just want to understand the pressure on the writer in their family.
- All But Dissertation Survival Guide Tips for Surviving the Ph.D., a monthly e-mail newsletter, and other helpful resources with practical strategies for completing your dissertation
Mcnair Scholars Calendar