Skip to body

School of Graduate Studies and Research

Prospective Out-of-State Students


If you have any questions about the WICHE/WRGP program referred to on this page, please contact Diane Houser in the Grad Office, (509) 963-3101.


Establishing residency

Establishing Washington State Residency during your first year can help you save on tuition during your subsequent year(s) as a CWU graduate student.

The Office of Admissions provides information on establishing residency, including the following documents:

Primate Behavior / Resource Management Students

The Primate Behavior and Resource Management graduate programs have been accepted into the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education's (WICHE) Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). Under this program, out-of-state students entering these masters programs from certain western states are eligible for in-state tuition rates, with no need to demonstrate financial need.

If you are entering the Primate Behavior or Resource Management programs from any of the states listed below, please contact the Grad Office before you apply.

  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • and Wyoming