- Email the writing consultant to request an appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Suggest at least two possible times you would be available for a phone consultation.
- When the consultant replies to tell you when your appointment will be, you should email her the following items:
- A draft of your paper (as a Word attachment)
- A description of your assignment (either as an attachment or in the text of your email)
- Your instructors name and the number and title of the course you're taking (in the text of your email)
- Your phone number (in the text of your email)
- When the consultant calls, you should have a printed draft of your paper in front of you. You should have a pen in your hand, and you should be ready to take notes as you and your consultant read your paper together.
- If this is your first consultation, you must be prepared to tell the consultant your student ID number.