Below are the Washington State Elementary Education and Reading Endorsement Competencies and the CWU reading courses that align with each:
1. Knowledge and beliefs about reading (EDLT 413).
2. Diverse needs of students and teacher strategies which promote student competency and success (EDLT 411, EDLT 412).
3. Prepare a learning environment that fosters student reading/ literacy (EDLT 413, EDLT 493).
4. Teaching, comprehension and study strategies (EDLT 411, EDLT 324).
5. Writing (EDLT 413, EDLT 412).
6. Assessment and evaluation (EDLT 412).
7. Instruction and curriculum (EDLT 410, EDLT 411, EDLT 413, EDLT 321).
8. Professional development (EDLT 493).
These competencies can be found on the PESB website: http://program.pesb.wa.gov/endorsements
Professor Janet Spybrook and the CWU Compass 2 Campus program were recognized as a super partner ofSpecial Education Major Has NOT Been Eliminated From Course Of Studies!
Dr. Janet Finke, Department Chair, has announced that the Special Education Major will continue. "ThELL Endorsement Program Goes Online!
“They don’t speak English very well! What do I do?” This question is being asked more often by