English Language Learner (ELL) Endorsement 2015-16
“They don’t speak English very well! What do I do?” This question is being asked more often by teachers in all areas of the state. Central Washington University’s Bilingual Education/ Teaching English as a Second Language Program is proud to offer an English Language Learner (ELL) endorsement option for certified teachers online!
The ELL endorsement program offered by Central Washington University has been approved by the Professional Education Standards Board. It will be delivered completely online and with continuous enrollment, a certified teacher can complete the course requirements in three (3) quarters (a WEST-E exam will be needed for the endorsement). Within one year you will be ready to answer the question, “What do I do?”
The ELL endorsement program for certified teachers is comprised of the following courses:
• EDBL 514: Introduction to Linguistic Diversity in Education (3 quarter credits)
• EDBL 530: Sheltering in the Mainstream I: Methods* (3 quarter credits)
• EDBL 438: Teaching English as a Second Language (3 quarter credits)
• EDBL 531: Sheltering in the Mainstream II: Assessment & Resources* (3 quarter credits)
• EDBL 518: Linguistics for Educators* (3 quarter credits)
• EDBL 440: Development of Literacy with Linguistically Diverse Students (3 quarter credits)
(* these courses could be used towards a Master Teacher graduate degree)
Are you interested?
If you are ready to take this next step in your professional career please contact Dr. Craig A. Hughes.
For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
Professor Janet Spybrook and the CWU Compass 2 Campus program were recognized as a super partner ofSpecial Education Major Has NOT Been Eliminated From Course Of Studies!
Dr. Janet Finke, Department Chair, has announced that the Special Education Major will continue. "ThELL Endorsement Program Goes Online!
“They don’t speak English very well! What do I do?” This question is being asked more often by