FAQs | Change password
Click on a topic below for more information.
- Make sure that your Mobility Pack server is up and running and you have the following information:
- Server address
- Port (if non-standard)
- Whether the server requires a secure connection or not
- From the main page, click on the Windows key.
- Scroll down and click on "ActiveSync."
- Click on the "Menu" button" then select "Add Server Source."
- You will now be prompted to enter in the email address for the account you are adding. Also, be sure to de-select the option to "Attempt to detect Exchange Server Settings automatically." Click "Next."
- You will be prompted to enter the server address. Keep the option "This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection". Click "Next."
- Enter your username, password, and domain. Click "Next". Something may be required in the Domain field. Anything will be okay, just type GW for example.
- Select the content you want to be synced, then click "Finish."
- Click "Sync" and syncing will begin.
You can configure which address books are available on your device and what the server will sync to your device by going to the GWMobile Server and logging in with your Wildcat credentials.
Additional info and specifics for other devices can be found at: http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Connector_Devices
- How much is the initial fee and annual fee for "Extended Data Service", and what is it for?
ANSWER:The annual fee is $60 for a CWU owned device and $120 for a personally owned device. The fee covers the licensing, maintenance, and service/support costs for the MobilityPak software which is used to synchronize CWU's email, calendar, and other items with the PCD. The cost is higher for a personally owned device because CWU has a standard configuration and plan for devices we own. Personally owned devices come in many flavors and are often more difficult to support and service. There is no initial fee for MobilityPak.
- How much is the monthly allowance for use of my personally owned Blackberry and can it change?
ANSWER:The monthly allowance for use of a personally owned PCD is dependent on whether you have voice only, or voice and data. Per CWU Policy, the allowance is reviewed each year in May/June by the ITS Department and compared to the market cost of comparable voice and data plans. The allowance may be adjusted up or down (or held constant) depending on the market, and any change in allowance would take effect on July 1 each year. The current allowances can be found in the PCD Procedure .
- Since I'm using my personally owned PCD for work, does this mean I can use GroupWise as my personal email account for personal purposes?
ANSWER: NO. Your GroupWise email account is for CWU business only.
- What support will the ITS Department provide for my personally owned PCD if I have issues?
ANSWER:The ITS Department will assist you in re-establishing connectivity between your PCD and MobilityPak to receive your CWU email, calendar items, etc. The ITS Department is not responsible for any other issues with your PCD, since it is personally owned. As the owner, you are responsible for re-downloading any applications or re-setting your personal settings in the event that your PCD must be "RESET TO DEFAULT CONFIGURATION" to connect and synchronize to MobilityPak.
- What if my device is out-of-sync with the GroupWise Mailbox and/or Calendar?
ANSWER: Delete your entire account on the device, reboot, re-install account and GroupWise Mailbox and/or Calendar will then be back in sync.
- What if my Calendar is missing appointments or showing multiples of the same appointment?
ANSWER: Delete your entire account on the device, reboot, re-install account and the GroupWise Calendar will then be back in sync.
- Start Button
- Active Sync
- menu (bottom right)
- Configure Server
- (press next)
- User Info