FAQs | Change Password | Known Issues
Click on a topic below for more information.
- You will need the following information to set-up Groupwise on your iPhone:
- server address --> gwmobile.cwu.edu
- The server requires a secure connection -- > SSL on
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange or Active Sync.
- Enter the required information:
- For your email, type your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave Domain blank
- For username enter your Wildcat username [same as above but no @cwu.edu]
- Enter your Wildcat password
- Under description, enter a name for the account GroupWise or CWU
- Click next. It will prompt you for your server address. gwmobile.cwu.edu
- Hit next
- Select to sync contacts and calendar items (if you wish for these items to be sync to your device)
- When it prompts you, it is recommended that you choose to leave existing contacts and calendar items on your device.
- When finish configuring your account, verify that your user settings are correct by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your existing account. Select account info, and verify your settings.
- On your iPhone, go to Mail, and navigate to your new account. Syncing should begin -- it may take a few minutes to perform the initial sync and pull down all messages.
You can configure what address books are available on your device and what the server will sync to your device by going to the GWMobile Server and logging in with your Wildcat credentials.
Additional info and specifics for other devices can be found at : http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Connector_Devices
- How much is the initial fee and annual fee for "Extended Data Service", and what is it for?
ANSWER: The annual fee is $60 for a CWU owned device and $120 for a personally owned device. The fee covers the licensing, maintenance, and service/support costs for the MobilityPak software which is used to synchronize CWU's email, calendar, and other items with the PCD. The cost is higher for a personally owned device because CWU has a standard configuration and plan for devices we own. Personally owned devices come in many flavors and are often more difficult to support and service. There is no initial fee for MobilityPak.
- How much is the monthly allowance for use of my personally owned PCD and can it change?
ANSWER: The monthly allowance for use of a personally owned PCD is dependent on whether you have voice only, or voice and data. Per CWU Policy, the allowance is reviewed each year in May/June by the ITS Department and compared to the market cost of comparable voice and data plans. The allowance may be adjusted up or down (or held constant) depending on the market, and any change in allowance would take effect on July 1 each year. The current allowances can be found in the PCD Procedure.
- Why do some meetings and other events show up multiple times in my Calendar?
ANSWER: This occurs occasionally, and is believed to be the result of a resynchronization issue with MobilityPak. It occurs on all PCDs using MobilityPak and the vendor is aware of the problem. ITS does not recommend deleting the multiple items, as there is risk that the event may get deleted from your main CWU calendar. Rather than delete individual appointments or messages, delete your entire account on the device, reboot and re-install account.
- Since I'm using my personally owned PCD for work, does this mean I can use GroupWise as my personal email account for personal purposes?
ANSWER: NO. Your GroupWise email account is for CWU business only.
- What support will the ITS Department provide for my personally owned PCD if I have issues?
ANSWER: The ITS Department will assist you in re-establishing connectivity between your PCD and MobilityPak to receive your CWU email, calendar items, etc. The ITS Department is not responsible for any other issues with your PCD, since it is personally owned. As the owner, you are responsible for re-downloading any applications or re-setting your personal settings in the event that your PCD must be "RESET TO DEFAULT CONFIGURATION" to connect and synchronize to MobilityPak.
- I'm not getting all of the contacts synchronized between my CWU GroupWise account and my iPHONE. How do I set up which Address Books I want to synchronize?
ANSWER: You can adjust your synchronization settings by going to the Data Synchronizer at following link (which is also available from the left-hand menu of the "Personal Communication Device Support Website") https://gwmobile.cwu.edu:8120/login. Instructions for how to utilize the Data Synchronizer to customize your settings are available in the INSTRUCTIONS area of this website.
- I just changed my Wildcat Password on my computer, and now my iPHONE is not able to synchronize my email and other services. What do I do?
ANSWER: You need to change the password in your iPHONE GroupWise Email settings to be the same as your Wildcat Password. Instructions for changing your synchronization password in your iPHONE is available in the Change Password section of this page.
- What if my device is out-of-sync with the GroupWise Mailbox and/or Calendar?
ANSWER: Delete your entire account on the device, reboot, re-install account and GroupWise Mailbox and/or Calendar will then be back in sync.
- What if my Calendar is missing appointments or showing multiples of the same appointment?
ANSWER: Delete your entire account on the device, reboot, re-install account and the GroupWise Calendar will then be back in sync.
[return to top]
How to change your GROUPWISE password in your iPhone after you change your Wildcat Password on the Network.
- Go to "Settings on your iPhone."
- Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Choose your Groupwise email account.
- Open "Account Info."
- Update your password in the "Password" field.
- Select "Done."
[return to top]
(to be updated)