FAQs | Change Password | Known Issues
Click on a topic below for more information.
Please Contact Telecom for Information on setting up your BlackBerry by Phone: (509) 963-3425 or Email: email@example.com.
- How much is the initial fee and annual fee for "Extended Data Service," and what is it for?
ANSWER:The annual fee is $60 for a CWU owned device and $120 for a personally owned device. The fee covers the licensing, maintenance, and service/support costs for the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) which is used to synchronize CWU's email, calendar, and other items with the BlackBerry. The cost is higher for a personally owned device because CWU has a standard configuration and plan for devices we own. Personally owned Blackberries come in many flavors and are often more difficult to support and service. There is an initial fee of $100 to cover the cost of the individual BES license.
- How much is the monthly allowance for use of my personally owned BlackBerry and can it change?
Policy, the allowance is reviewed each year in May/June by the ITS Department and compared to the market cost of comparable voice and data plans. The allowance may be adjusted up or down (or held constant) depending on the market, and any change in allowance would take effect on July 1 each year. The current allowances can be found in the PCD Procedure .
- Since I'm using my personally owned PCD for work, does this mean I can use GroupWise as my personal email account for personal purposes?
ANSWER: NO. Your GroupWise email account is for CWU business only.
- What support will the ITS Department provide for my personally owned PCD if I have issues?
ANSWER: The ITS Department will assist you in re-establishing connectivity between your BlackBerry and the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) to receive your CWU email, calendar items, etc. The ITS Department is not responsible for any other issues with your BlackBerry, since it is personally owned. As the owner, you are responsible for re-downloading any applications or re-setting your personal settings in the event that your BlackBerry must be "RESET TO DEFAULT CONFIGURATION" to connect and synchronize to the BES.
- What if my BlackBerry is out-of-sync with the GroupWise Mailbox and/or Calendar?
ANSWER: Contact ITS Telecom by Phone: (509) 963-3425 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to have your account removed from the Blackberry Server and set back up, this will re-sync your Mailbox and/or Calendar.
- What if my Calendar is missing appointments or showing multiples of the same appointment?
ANSWER: Contact ITS Telecom by Phone: (509) 963-3425 or Email: email@example.com to have your account removed from the Blackberry Server and set back up, this will re-sync your Calendar.
The only password is the one that you use to lock the device. You can change that as you like. It does not affect delivery of email.
(to be updated)