Skip to body
Accounts and Passwords
- Use the Wildcat Password Self Service to reset or manage your password and profile information.
- For Faculty, Staff, and Students.
- Requires correct responses to your security challenge questions (Password Responses).
- Call the Help Desk if you have not setup your Password Responses on the Wildcat Password Self Service page.
- Student passwords expire every 180 days.
- Faculty and Staff passwords expire every 90 days.
- YOUR password is YOUR responsibility.
- Passwords must be at least eight characters long. Longer passwords (12 or more characters) are the most secure.
- Passwords may not contain your name, the word "password", or the percent % or bracket  characters.
- Including symbols and numbers can make passwords harder to guess.
- It is trivial for computers to crack short passwords regardless what characters are used.
- Cybercrime is frequently conducted from ordinary user accounts, don't let yours be one of them.