Cost structure for guest usage of CWU technology classrooms, laboratories, and video conferencing (Interactive Television) resources
(UPDATED: February 28, 2014)
Classroom & laboratory technology resources at Central Washington University (CWU) are provided through joint State Funding, Tuition, and Student Fees; and Video Conferencing/Interactive Television (ITV) facilities are provided with State Funding and Tuition. As a result, fees are charged for use of these facilities by non-CWU personnel for utilization of the equipment (depreciation, wear & tear, etc.) and for staff supporting the equipment (ITV Operators, Classroom/Laboratory Assistants, Technicians, etc.).
The following fee structure has been developed based on the actual cost to utilize and support these facilities:
CLASSROOMS AND OPEN COMPUTER LABORATORIES:
This includes all classroom & laboratories with computers available for each attendee’s usage. Examples of these include Bouillon 103; Black 129, 226 & 227; and Shaw-Smyser 212, 217 & 218.
NOTE:The fees outlined below are strictly for set-up, testing and utilization of the technology available in the assigned classroom/lab. These fees are in addition to any other charges which CWU may levy for utilities, janitorial services, etc.
- Base usage fee (hourly cost if usage is < 6 hours/day): $50/Hr
- Extended usage (full day, if usage exceeds 6 hours/day): $300/Day
This base hourly/daily fee provides:
- Full access to the equipment in the classroom/lab and base software installed.
- Full-time student Lab Assistant during all scheduled usage hours (unlock to lock).
- Full Internet access.
Additional charges & User Responsibilities:
- Specialty Software Loading/Testing: $75/Hr
- CSS Lab Technician will install software prior to classroom/lab usage.
- CSS must be notified (for scheduling) a minimum of 2 weeks prior to usage.
- Software media and proof of valid licensing must be provided to CSS no less than 2 weeks prior to usage.
- A customer point-of-contact (POC) and contact information must be provided to CSS at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled usage.
- Two hour minimum charge ($150) for software loading, configuration, & testing.
- Printing & Data Storage:
- If printing is needed from guest accounts it must be done in the Brooks Library. Printing services are not free for guest accounts, so money must be deposited via the printing kiosk for each account. The kiosk is located in the Brooks Library.
- Data Storage is the responsibility of the user/customer. CWU recommends that customers use USB “Thumb Drives” for any data storage needs when utilizing the CWU classrooms/labs.
VIDEO CONFERENCING and INTERACTIVE TELEVISION (ITV) ROOMS:
This includes all venues utilized for remote meetings and conferencing (video conferencing), Interactive Television (ITV) Distance Education, etc. Examples of these facilities include Black.
NOTE: The fees outlined below are strictly for set-up, testing and utilization of the technology available in the assigned venue. These fees are in addition to any other charges which CWU may levy for utilities, janitorial services, etc.
- Regularly scheduled Interactive Television (ITV) Classes as part of the approved CWU curriculum and official class offerings: No Charge
- Includes access/usage of all equipment & bandwidth utilization.
- Includes ITV/DE Operator (onsite).
- Recording of class/curriculum as requested by faculty using MythTV or other service:
- Recording to MythTV where an ITV Operator is NOT required: No Charge
- Recording in any ITV Venue where an ITV Operator is required: $25/Hr
- CWU Faculty/Student utilization of ITV Room for any purpose other than for approved CWU curriculum and official class offerings: $25/Hr
- Minimum of 1 hour charge, including ½ hour for set-up and tear-down.
- This includes MythTV recordings where an operator is required, as well as faculty requests for recording classes onto a DVD or other media.
- Video Conferencing
- CWU Faculty/Staff for official CWU Business No Charge
- Non-CWU customers $100/Hr
- Includes ITV Operator & full usage of ITV equipment.
- Includes all technical support (equipment usage, bandwidth, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 hour charge including ½ hour for set-up and tear-down (inclusive).