Cost structure for guest usage of CWU technology classrooms, laboratories, and video conferencing (Interactive Television) resources
UPDATED: November 14, 2011 (For FY12 costs)
Classroom & laboratory technology resources at Central Washington University (CWU) are provided through joint State Funding, Tuition, and Student Fees; and Video Conferencing/Interactive Television (ITV) facilities are provided with State Funding and Tuition. As a result, reimburse for use of these facilities by non-CWU personnel is required for utilization of the equipment (depreciation, wear & tear, etc.) and for staff supporting the equipment (ITV Operators, Classroom/Laboratory Assistants, Technicians, etc.).
The following fee structure has been developed based on the actual cost to utilize and support these facilities:
CLASSROOMS AND OPEN COMPUTER LABORATORIES:
This includes all classroom & laboratories with computers available for each attendee’s usage. Examples of these include Bouillon 103; Black 129, 226 & 227; and Shaw-Smyser 212, 217 & 218.
NOTE:The fees outlined below are strictly for set-up, testing and utilization of the technology available in the assigned classroom/lab. These fees are in addition to any other charges which CWU may levy for utilities, janitorial services, etc.
- Base usage fee (hourly cost if usage is < 6 hours/day): $50/Hr
- Extended usage (full day, if usage exceeds 6 hours/day): $300/Day
This base hourly/daily fee provides:
- Full access to the equipment in the classroom/lab and base software installed.
- Full-time student Lab Assistant during all scheduled usage hours (unlock to lock).
- Full Internet access.
Additional charges & User Responsibilities:
- Specialty Software Loading/Testing: $75/Hr
- CSS Lab Technician will install software prior to classroom/lab usage.
- CSS must be notified (for scheduling) a minimum of 2 weeks prior to usage.
- Software media and proof of valid licensing must be provided to CSS no less than 2 weeks prior to usage.
- A customer point-of-contact (POC) and contact information must be provided to CSS at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled usage.
- Two hour minimum charge ($150) for software loading, configuration, & testing.
- Printing & Data Storage:
- Printing costs are the responsibility of the user/customer.
- Data Storage is the responsibility of the user/customer. CWU recommends that customers use USB “Thumb Drives” for any data storage needs when utilizing the CWU classrooms/labs.
VIDEO CONFERENCING and INTERACTIVE TELEVISION (ITV) ROOMS:
This includes all venues utilized for remote meetings and conferencing (video conferencing), Interactive Television (ITV) Distance Education, etc. Examples of these facilities include Black.
NOTE: The fees outlined below are strictly for set-up, testing and utilization of the technology available in the assigned venue. These fees are in addition to any other charges which CWU may levy for utilities, janitorial services, etc.
- Regularly scheduled Interactive Television (ITV) Classes as part of the approved CWU curriculum and official class offerings: No Charge
- Includes access/usage of all equipment & bandwidth utilization.
- Includes ITV/DE Operator (onsite).
- Recording of class/curriculum as requested by faculty using MythTV or other service:
- Recording to MythTV where an ITV Operator is NOT required: No Charge
- Recording in any ITV Venue where an ITV Operator is required: $25/Hr
- CWU Faculty/Student utilization of ITV Room for any purpose other than for approved CWU curriculum and official class offerings: $25/Hr
- Minimum of 1 hour charge, including ½ hour for set-up and tear-down.
- This includes MythTV recordings where an operator is required, as well as faculty requests for recording classes onto a DVD or other media.
- Video Conferencing
- CWU Faculty/Staff for official CWU Business No Charge
- Non-CWU customers $100/Hr
- Includes ITV Operator & full usage of ITV equipment.
- Includes all technical support (equipment usage, bandwidth, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 hour charge including ½ hour for set-up and tear-down (inclusive).