Office: Hebeler 105
To my students, I bring the knowledge and skills learned from my studies in Information Technology and Administrating Management; masters programs; eight years of military training and expertise; two decades of tech industry experience and over a decade as a corporate trainer. I am dedicated to advancing my skills and knowledge; I am a lifelong learner.
Beginning with Cobal programming language over two decades ago, technology has always been a passion of mine which was the primary reason I gave up a career as military airframe power plant mechanic to pursuit a career in the technology industry. As a university instructor, I have taught many classes in computer applications, web development, and relational database query languages.
My Education includes a Masters of Education Technology from Boise State University with an online teaching certificate; and a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Administrative Management from Central Washington University with a specialization in office systems. I also am a member of the multi-modal / vanguard group committee and I participate regularly in continuing professional education courses to keep myself abreast of developments in technology and in online education.
Growing up as the youngest of three children in a small, rural town in Central Washington, an honest day’s wages for an honest day’s work was my family’s motto. As an instructor, I apply these same diligent work ethics into the development of my courses and course materials. I am attentive to each students needs and I strive to present each student with the highest quality courses, most up to date information, and activities needed to provide ample opportunity for their success in the work force of today. On the same token I also expect students to take responsibility for their own leaning because it is the student who is in control of their own destiny and who is more qualified to guide their own destiny than the students themselves.
Advice to Students
Enjoy the time you have in college. Get involved in clubs, and truly enjoy the college experience. Start making goals; both short term and long term. If you don’t have goals you can never meet them so start now. Also start making a list of things you wish to accomplish while in college and make goals to complete those lists. Take the time to think about your future career and where you hope to be after college and start planning for it now. Use your summers to travel to places that you have never been and most of all stay on target. There will be times where graduation seems so far away but before you know it, graduation day will be here and then you will then begin the next phase of your life.
- M.E.T. - Boise State University '09
- B.S. Admistrative Management - Central Washington University '99
- IT 101 Computer Applications
- IT 248 Web Fundamentals
- IT 258 Spreadsheet Applications
- IT 260 Integrated IT Applications
- IT426 Application of Web Languages
- IT 468 Projects in Database
- IT469 Enterprise Database Systems
- Online, web-based curriculum development
Prior Work Experience
- Software Support Analyst / Telephony Digital Phone Technician, Comtronic Systems LLC (collections software development company) 2004 – 2012
- Software Support Technician / Relational Database Technician Ontario Corporation (collections software development company)
- Active participate in the Multimodal Vanguard Group
Interest & Hobbies
- Techie & Gamer - BlackOps II U23-R - Say hello to my litlle Friend..
- Geocacher - Have you hid a cache today?
- Fly / Salmon Fishing - Nothing better than a good day of fishing
- Target Shooting - Muzzle Control!!
- Flying kites - March is my favorite month.
- Private Pilot