The ITAM Mission:
The Information Technology and Administrative Management (ITAM) department prepares students for success in high demand careers and job advancement in the modern workforce through industry-driven programs, great teaching, and personal advising.
Our Core Values:
- We believe in quality teaching using hands-on, applied tools that develop and enhance student competencies in leadership, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, and information technology to prepare leaders for the modern workforce.
- We believe in access to a quality education for all types of learners.
- We believe the learning environment should be caring, creative, supportive, and student-centered.
- We believe academic rigor should be balanced with student-centered support.
- We value the benefit of an active and engaged advisory committee to provide input and direction on career ready curriculum.
- We value our faculty and staff and provide support in their teaching, academic advising, curriculum development, scholarly research, professional service, professional development, and community involvement.
- We value service to the University and our professional communities, striving to make contributions with leadership and distinction.
- We believe higher education involves not only preparation for the workforce, but also includes preparation for civic engagement, life-long learning, and personal development.
Meet ITAM: Our Students are Central
The ITAM Department comprises over 50 dedicated faculty, instructors, and staff all focused on student success. To learn more about us, our programs, and the people you will be working with, check out our current organization chart:
Hear about ITAM from one of our students:
Policies and Procedures
Here is a downloadable PDF of the department's most current policies and procedures:
Required and Recommended Coursework for Admittance to ITAM Major Programs
Here is a downloadable PDF of the courses we require and recommend prospective
students take prior to applying for one of our majors.
ITAM is proud to be a department in the College of Education and Professional Studies.