Dr. Fen Wang, Assistant Professor
Office: Shaw-Smyser 231
CWU Web Page: TBA
- Ph.D., Information Systems, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
- M.S., Information Systems, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
- B.S., Management Information Systems, Tianjin University, China
- B.A., Science and Technology English, Tianjin University, China
- ADMG/IT 374 - Project Management
- IT 248 - Web Fundementals
- IT 468 - Projects in Database
- IT 469 - Enterprise Database Systems: SQL
Recent Journal publications (peer reviewed):
- Wang, F., Lupton, N., Rawlinson, D., Zhang, X. (2011). EBDMSS: A Web-based Decision Making Support System for Strategic E-business Management. International Journal of Decision Support System Technology (IJDSST), 2(4), 50-68.
- Mora, M., Cervantes-Pérez, F., Garrido, L., Wang, F., Sicilia, M. (2010). On Ontology-based KMS for a better and faster Understanding of Service-oriented Standards and Models of Processes in the domain of SE, SwE and IT: A Conceptual Survey. Intelligent Decision Technologies (IDT): an International Journal, Volume 4, 75-98.
- Wang, F., & Forgionne, G. (2009). EBBSC: A Balanced Scorecard Based Framework for Strategic E-business Management. In M. G. Hunter (Ed.), Selected Readings on Strategic Information Systems (New Release), Chapter XIV.
- Wang, F., & Forgionne, G. (2007). EBBSC: A Balanced Scorecard Based Framework for Strategic E-business Management. International Journal of E-Business Research (IJEBR), 3(1), 18-40.
- Wang, F., & Forgionne, G. (2006). BSC-Based Framework for E-business Strategy. In M. Khosrow’s (Ed.), Encyclopedia of E-Commerce, E-Government and Mobile Commerce: Idea Group, Inc.
- Wang, F. (2006). E-shoppers' Perception of Web-based Decision Aid. In M. Khosrow’s (Ed.), Encyclopedia of E-Commerce, E-Government and Mobile Commerce: Idea Group, Inc.
Selected Referred Proceeding Publications:
- Takei, H., Trumpy, R., Wang, F., Claar, C. (2011). A Hybrid Model: Results using introductory level marketing courses. In Petkus, E. & Cadwallader, S. (Eds.), Proceedings of the Annual Marketing Educators’ Association Conference (pp. 36-39). April 2011, San Diego, CA
- Zhang, X., Glenn, K. & Wang, F. (2010). Examination of the Unemployment Rate and the General Assistance (GA) Caseload. In Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of The Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Takei, H., Trumpy, R. & Wang, F. (2010). An experimental Test for the Hybrid Education Model for Introductory Business Courses at Small Liberal Arts Institutions. In Proceedings of the Symposium On University Research and Creative Expression (SOURCE).
- Wang, F. (2009). Evaluating EBDMSS in the Real Business World Using an Integrative DSS Evaluation Framework. In Proceedings of the 40th DSI Annual Meeting.
- Wang, F., & Wang, X. (2008). A Service Oriented Architecture for Improving E-Business Competitiveness. In Proceedings of the 39th DSI Annual Meeting.
- Wang, F., & Wang, X. (2007). Empirical Evidence on Customers’ Attitudes Towards Online Decision Aid. In Proceedings of the 38th DSI Annual Meeting.
- Wang, F., & Forgionne, G. (2005). Intelligent Decision support for strategic e-business management – Stage I. In Proceeding of 16th IRMA International Conference, Track of Decision Support Technologies.
- Wang, F., Khoo, K., & Liu, R. (2005). DW Techniques in Support of Kronos Banking Business. In Proceeding of 16th IRMA International Conference, Track of Data Warehousing and Mining.
- Wang, F. (2004). Evolving Usability Concept for Web Site Design. In Proceedings of 15th IRMA International Conference, Track of Human Computer Interaction.
- Wang, F., Ha, L., & Forgionne, G. (2004). Strategic DMSS for E-Business Planning. The 6th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS'04): Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support Systems.
- Wang, F., Liu, R., & Obitz, L. (2004). Exploring the Power of Wed-based DSS. In Proceedings of the 8th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (SCI'04).
- Wang, F., Forgionne, G., & Ha, L. (2004). Re-estimation of E-Business Planning Model in Real Business World. In Proceedings of IEEE 2004 Conference on Electronic Commerce (IEEE-CEC'04).
- Wang, F. (2003). Will Potential Customers Welcome Our Intended DMSS Functions? In Proceedings of SCI'2003 Conference, the 7th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics.
- Ha, L., Forgionne, G., & Wang, F. (2003). Facilitating Electronic Business Planning with Decision Making Support Systems. In Proceedings of KES'2003 Seventh International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems.
- Collaborative Decision Support and Knowledge Management: In collaboration with scholars in Sellinger School of Business and Management, Loyola College in Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA & Department of Information Systems, Autonomous University of Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, AGS, Mexico
- Web-based Decision Aid and E-business Strategy: In collaboration with scholars in the Department of Information Systems, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA, & College of Business Administration, The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Dr. Fen Wang has eight-year teaching and advising experience combined with professional and research background in Information Technology Management. Dr. Fen Wang received her Doctoral degree in Information Systems from the University of Maryland Baltimore County in 2006. Before joining CWU, she worked as an Assistant Professor and Director of the Management Information Systems (MIS) program at the Eastern Nazarene College (ENC) in Massachusetts from 2005 to 2009. Dr. Fen Wang spends most of her spare time enjoying music, reading books, traveling around, playing tennis and swimming.