F-1 Visa/Status Advising:
F-1 regulations can seem complicated and confusing. As an international student in F-1 status, it is important for students to become familiar with F-1 laws and be responsible for understanding what they mean.
These laws include:
- Maintaining legal status while studying in the U.S
- Making academic progress toward completion of a program of study
- Determining how long you may stay in the U.S
- Extending your stay, if necessary
- Travel outside the U.S
- Transferring between schools within the U.S
- Changing from one immigration status to another
Your International Student Advisor is available to help clarify immigration procedures and inform students of their rights and benefits.