- Minimum GPA: 2.75 (cumulative)
- Minimum Class Standing: Sophomore (by beginning of program)
- Judicial Standing: Students must be in good judicial standing with no major disciplinary violations within the past 12 months
- Important Note: Some programs may have additional eligibility requirements, such as higher GPA requirements or minimum foreign language skills. The eligibility requirements for each program can be found on the ISEP website.
- 2012-2013 Priority Deadlines
- Fall & Summer Quarters: February 1, 2012
- Winter & Spring Quarters: August 15, 2012
- 2012-2013 Final Deadlines
- Summer & Fall Quarters: May 11, 2012
- Winter Quarter: November 9, 2012
- Spring Quarter: February 8, 2013
- Important Note: Students are encouraged to apply by the Priority Deadline since many programs stop accepting applications after this date.
Application Instructions & Materials
- Download and complete the CWU Study Abroad Application and the ISEP Application.
Important Note: As part of the application process, students must pay a $75 Application Fee to CWU, which is non-refundable once paid. ISEP requires a $375 placement fee/deposit that is due with the ISEP application.
Submit all CWU and ISEP application materials to the SAEP secretary, located in the International Center, Room 109B. After the deadline, students will be notified to schedule and complete an interview with the Director of Study Abroad & Exchange Programs. If nominated, students will then should expect to receive their acceptance notification from ISEP in approximately 4 to 6 weeks.
If accepted, students must attend a Pre-Departure Orientation and complete additional acceptance paperwork. Students will receive further information about these requirements in their acceptance notification from SAEP. In addition, students will be required to complete the host university's acceptance requirements.
Register for a Pre-Departure Orientation Session (Register for one session only)
- Tuesday, May 15th, from 4 to 5pm, SURC 140
- Friday, May 18th, from 4 to 5pm, SURC 140
- Tuesday, May 22nd, from 4 to 5pm, SURC 140
- Friday, May 25th, from 4 to 5pm, SURC 140
To register, call 509-963-3623 or visit the SAEP secretary in the International Center, Room 109B. Each Session is limited to 20 students so don't delay!
Complete the CWU Acceptance Packet
- Download the CWU Acceptance Packet
- Students no longer need a physician to complete the Medical Practitioner Report. This is now a self-reporting form that students can complete themselves.
Important Note: All students participating on a CWU study abroad or exchange program must attend a Pre-Departure Orientation and complete an acceptance packet in order to receive credit. Once students have completed these requirements, they will then be enrolled as an active CWU student for each quarter they are studying away from campus.
- Students are responsible for paying the program fees directly to CWU (ISEP-Exchange) or ISEP (ISEP-Direct) by the payment deadlines.
Important Note: At the beginning of each term, students will also be charged a SAEP Service Fee of $500 for quarter-based programs or $750 for semester-based programs. This fee is non-refundable after the program start date.
- Students must have a valid passport and may be required by the host country to obtain a student visa and/or residence permit. SAEP staff are available to provide basic assistance; however, students will most likely need to contact the Embassy (or local consulate) for answers to specific questions about to the application process.