Reasons to choose our program:
- Located in Washington State, in Ellensburg, a safe, clean, and friendly University town
- Professionally-trained teachers
- TOEFL preparation classes; Official internet-based TOEFL tests are given on campus
- Conditional admission to Central Washington University
- Conversation partners with American students
- Fun trips to nearby towns, shopping malls, and mountain areas
- Live in a college residence hall (dormitory) with Americans
- Courses in: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking, Grammar, and Academic Skills
- Special courses, such as Business, Literature, Drama, Computers, Film-making, and Volunteering
- The highest level students can attend a regular university class (Supervised Visitations) as part of their UESL schedule
- Inexpensive tuition compared to many other ESL programs. View COSTS AND DATES here.
- Member of American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP)
- We help you when you arrive
- When you are ready to apply to universities, we help you with the applications
- Special short-term programs are available for groups
You may qualify for a tuition scholarship when you are fully admitted to CWU as an undergraduate after spending at least two quarters in the UESL Program. The scholarship amount may be up to $9000 for one academic year, $6000 for two quarters or $3000 for one quarter. It will be based on your performance as a UESL Program student and the availability of funding.
Want to know more?
Click on the picture (below) to watch the movie about the UESL Program here at CWU; the movie includes former President Jerilyn S. McIntyre recommending international students to come and attend our institution.