The International House program, located in Anderson Hall, houses many International Exchange Students and students wishing to broaden their cultural experiences. Many activities and events are planned to enhance this atmosphere. There is no extra cost involved with living in the CWU International House. To view information on residence hall costs, please see the Residence Hall Rate Sheet.
The overall goal of the International House (I-House) is to work collaboratively with International Programs and Foreign Language faculty to create and maintain a culturally diverse Living Learning Community (LLC) that encourages awareness and dialogue among American and International students.
The purpose of this LLC is to foster an environment in which international and American diversity are brought together as a part of the students' overall educational experience. We are committed to creating opportunities for students interested in other languages and cultures, as well as opportunities for International students interested in learning more about their host culture through informal [social] interactions, varied programming, and faculty lead initiatives.
- Anyone who is interested in languages, international, or intercultural issues is welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of a foreign language or prior travel experience is not required.
- Only single, undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
A) If you are an incoming Freshman or new International Student:
- Download and Complete the CWU Room and Board Contract.
- Submit the contract to University Housing along with a $200 deposit.
The deposit can be made in the following ways:
- A U.S. Bank draft for $200 made payable to "CWU." Please handwrite your name on the check and the words: "Rm & Bd contract deposit."
- A credit card payment by phone. Please call Ms. Elaine Long at (509) 963-2225.
- A credit card payment by email. Please email Ms. Elaine Long at firstname.lastname@example.org with your credit card information. Please include:
- The name of your CWU advisor or contact.
- Type of credit card, name on the card, and expiration date of the card.
- Your full name.
The completed Room and Board Contract can be mailed to:
University Housing and New Student Programs
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7491.
B) If you are a student already living on campus:.
You will need to submit a Room Change Request. Please see Residential Services for more information.
For more information on the International House and its activities please contact either Erin Spencer at email@example.com or Richard DeShields at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also get information over the phone by calling (509) 963-2735.