Skip to body

Office of International Studies and Programs


Leaving Central

Leaving Central

Once you complete your program of study, you are given a 60-day period  (30 days for students on J-1 visas) to depart from the United States without violating immigration rules.

If you terminate your course of study with the permission and approval of your International Student Advisor prior to completing your program, you are given 15 days to depart from the United States.

If you do not obtain prior permission to terminate your studies from the Office of International Studies, you are not eligible for a grace period to depart the country and must leave immediately.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.