Skip to body

Office of International Studies and Programs


Contact Us

Phone: +1-509-963-3612
Fax: +1-509-963-1558
More Contact Info

Central Washington University
Office of International Studies and Programs
International Center
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7408

Virtual Tour

International Students and Scholars: Application Procedure

J-1 Student Application Procedure

Home Institution

Exchanges to CWU are only possible if your school has an exchange program to CWU and if you have been selected by your university. Please check with your school to see if they offer exchanges to CWU and what procedures you need to complete to be selected.

CWU Exchange Application

Once your home institution has selected you for an exchange, you must apply to CWU's exchange program. Please complete the CWU Student Exchange Application and return it to your exchange advisor at your home institution. Once your application has been processed you will receive an acceptance packet in the mail. Please be aware of the CWU application deadlines for when you wish to begin your exchange at CWU:

Fall Quarter:May 1st
Winter Quarter:October 1st
Spring Quarter:October 1st


Before You Begin Your Exchange:

Once you have been accepted to CWU's Exchange Program you need to take care of obtaining the J-1 Visa, make housing arrangements, and registering for classes. All three of these need to be done before you arrive on campus. Helpful information about this will be sent to you with your acceptance letter.

  1. Obtain J-1 Visa
  2. Housing Arrangements
  3. Classes

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.