Skip to body

Office of International Studies and Programs


Funding Information (OISP)

For funding information check out these sites:

Selected organizations that fund international faculty activity:

  • American Council of Learned Societies
    228 East 45th Street; New York, NY 10017-3398; Phone 212/ 697-1505; Fax 212/949-8058
    sponsors a number of grants and fellowships for international research.
  • American-Scandinavian Foundation
    725 Park Avenue; New York, NY 10021; Phone 212/879-9779; Fax 212/249-3444
    provides awards of $2,500 for scholars to conduct short-term advanced study or research in Scandinavian countries.
  • Australian Research Council
    Research and Policy Grants Branch; Department of Employment, Education and Training; GPO Box 9880; Canberra, ACT 2601; Australia; Phone 06-276-7190; Fax 06276-7188
    provides opportunities for faculty to undertake research in Australia.
  • British Academy
    20-21 Cromwell Terrace; London NWI 4QP; England; Phone 071-487- 5966; Fax 071224-3807
    sponsors the Visiting Professorships for Overseas Scholars, which provides funding for faculty to conduct research in the United Kingdom.
  • Canadian Embassy
    Academic Relations; 501 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW; Washington, DC 20001; Phone 202/682-1740
    sponsors the Canadian Studies Faculty Enrichment and Sabbatical Fellowship Programs for U.S. faculty to develop courses with a Canadian content and conduct research in Canada.
  • Council for International Exchange of Scholars
    3007 Tilden St., NW, Suite 5M; Washington, DC 20008-3009; Phone 202/686-4028; Fax 202/362-3442
    administers many Fulbright awards, which are funded by the United States Information Agency, for faculty to lecture and research in many countries abroad.
  • German Marshall Fund
    11 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 750; Washington, DC 20036; Phone 202/7453950; Fax 202/265-1662
    awards research fellowships to U.S. scholars to conduct research relating to Europe.
  • Japan Foundation
    152 West 57,h Street; 39th Floor; New York, NY 10019; Phone 212/489-0299; Fax 212/489-0409
    fellowships to U-S- scholars to conduct research in Japan.
  • National Endowment for the Humanities
    Division of Fellowships and Seminars;1100 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 316; Washington, DC 20506; Phone 202/606-8466
    provides funding for a number of summer faculty development institutes which often focus on international themes.
  • National Institutes of Health
    Fogarty International Center; International Research and Awards Branch; Building 31, Room B2C39 Bethesda, MD 20892
    provides financial support for scientists to conduct collaborative research abroad.
  • National Science Foundation
    Division of International Programs; 4201 Wilson Boulevard; Arlington, VA 22230; Phone 202/357-9552; Fax 202/357-5839
    offers a number of research grants to U.S. scientists for research and activities abroad.
  • Social Science Research Council
    605 Third Ave.; New York, NY 10158; Phone 212/661-0280
    sponsors a number of fellowships for research in a variety of world areas in the United State and abroad.
  • U.S. Department of Education
    Center for International Education; 7th and D Sts., SW-, Washington, DC 20202-5331; Phone 202/708-7279
    sponsors the Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research and Group Projects Abroad Programs to send faculty members abroad for research, seminars and study.

For any questions about Faculty Abroad and Exchange Programs please contact the OISP Administration Office at