|To Report your concern anonymously:|
|CWU IACUC Report of Concern Webform (for anyone)|
|Washington State Whistleblower Program (for State employees*)|
|Reports may be made through the State Auditor's web page:|
|Or directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:|
Washington State Auditor's Office, Attention: State Employee Whistleblower Program / PO Box 40031 / Olympia, WA 98504-0031
|To Report your concern directly to those responsible for Animal Care and Use:|
|Dr. Jason Irwin, Chair, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)|
Phone: 509-963-2884 / Email: email@example.com / Office: Science Building-Rm 338D
|Dr. Fred Newschwander, Attending Veterinarian|
Phone: 509-899-1245 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dr. Kevin Archer, Dean, School of Graduate Studies and Research|
Phone: 509-963-3101 / Email: email@example.com / Office: Barge Hall-Rm 214
|To Print a copy of the complete list click here|
Examples of concerns that should be brought to the IACUC's attention include:
1. Reports that an investigator is not following the research protocol as approved by the IACUC.
2. Repeated failure of an investigator to report required or requested information to the IACUC.
3. Research presentations or publications by CWU investigators for which there is not an IACUC approved protocol.
4. Failure to provide appropriate standard of care.
5. Problems causing a funding agency audit regarding an investigator or a research study.
*Employees that utilize the Whistleblower Program are protected from retaliation if the complainant acts in good faith and appropriately reports the improper governmental actions to the Office of the State Auditor or one of CWU’s designees.