Skip to body


Report an Animal Care or Use Concern

To Report your concern anonymously:
CWU IACUC Report of Concern Webform (for anyone)
Washington State Whistleblower Program (for State employees*)
Reports may be made through the State Auditor's web page
Or directly by email: or in writing to:
Washington State Auditor's Office, Attention: State Employee Whistleblower Program, PO Box 40031, Olympia, WA 98504-0031
To Report your concern directly to those responsible for Animal Care and Use:
Dr. April Binder, Chair, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Phone: 509-963-2803 / Email: / Office: Science Building-Rm 236L
Dr. Michael Fuller, Attending Veterinarian
Phone: 509-929-0054 / Email: 
Dr. Kevin Archer, Dean, Graduate Studies and Research
Phone: 509-963-3100 / Email: / Office: Barge Hall-Rm 214
To Print a copy of the complete list click here

Examples of concerns that should be brought to the IACUC's attention include:

1. Reports that an investigator is not following the research protocol as approved by the  IACUC.
2. Repeated failure of an investigator to report required or requested information to the IACUC.
3. Research presentations or publications by CWU investigators for which there is not an IACUC approved protocol.
4. Failure to provide appropriate standard of care.
5. Problems causing a funding agency audit regarding an investigator or a research study.

*Employees that utilize the Whistleblower Program are protected from retaliation if the complainant acts in good faith and appropriately reports the improper governmental actions to the Office of the State Auditor or one of CWU’s designees.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.