Skip to body

Human Resources

Worker's Compensation

While off work due to an approved industrial injury (approved by the Department of Labor and Industries), notify your supervisor or leave record-keeper of available leave you wish to submit to cover your time.

Accrued vacation, sick leave, or personal holiday, or earned comp time may be submitted.

Leave without pay (LWOP) may be submitted before accrued leave. If LWOP is submitted the day before a holiday, holiday pay is not received.

If sick leave has been used to cover any portion of your absence, L&I payment must be brought to the Payroll Office in Mitchell Hall and used to buy back sick leave that has been submitted during absence.

Questions about status of approval of industrial injury should be directed to the Environmental Health and Safety Office at 963-2252.