"Life relies on diversity to give it the possibility of adapting
to changing conditions." ~Margaret Wheatley
ESL Class Available!
The Department of Human Resources, International Programs UESL and Continuing Education have partnered to present an ESL course for the community and staff at CWU. The goals of this class are to increase the English skills of the participants and to gain access to career opportunities at CWU and beyond. If you know of anyone who would benefit from this class, please encourage them to register early, as space is limited.
The Office for Equal Opportunity promotes and supports the university's commitment to develop an inclusive and diverse community of students and employees. OEO works in concert with all segments of the university community including administrators, faculty, staff and students to accomplish its mission.
Oversee the University's compliance with federal, state, and institutional anti-discrimination laws, policies and procedures, and reporting requirements
- Provide resources in reference to Title IX and Ethics
- Prepare the University's annual Affirmative Action Plan and assist in its implementation
- Develop and deliver training programs on affirmative action, equal opportunity/anti-discrimination and diversity topics
- Resolve and investigate complaints of illegal discrimination
- Monitor searches for faculty, classified and exempt employees
- Provide assistance to university departments, units, administrators and groups in relation to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity
HEED Award for Excellence in Diversity
Phone: (509) 963-2206
Bouillon Hall 203