CWU employs temporary employees to meet short-term and intermittent workload needs.
Temporary/Hourly appointments may not exceed 1,050 hours in a twelve consecutive month period from the original date of hire.
REMINDER: A background check must clear and required paperwork be completed before your temp/hourly employee may begin work.
|Hiring Temporary/Hourly Employees|
Refer to the Recruiting Solutions User Guide for instructions on managing applicants. A background check must clear and required paperwork be completed before your temp/hourly employee may begin work.
2. Submit Manager Self Service (MSS) action via MyCWU as described below.
I want to:
a. Submit ‘request position change’ or ‘request new position’ to prepare position.
B. Rehire a temp who worked with me within the last 12 months:
a. Rehire via ‘request position change
C. Transfer my current student employee to a temp employee:
a. If transferring into a new temp position: submit ‘request new position’, then ‘transfer’ student into the new position.
D. Post and advertise to find a new temp:
a. Submit ‘request position change’ or ‘request new position’
If the temp/hourly employee will be working for CWU out of state, refer to the Procedure for hiring an employee to work outside of Washington State.
3. Review applicants online – TAT will provide access to applicant pools as requested.
5. Interview and select finalist as necessary.
6. Call top candidate and offer the job contingent on a successful background check (confirm start date after receiving 'job offer confirmation' email)
A background check must be completed for final candidate prior to a confirming offer.
Hiring and Onboarding Process
7. Submit 'prepare job offer' online: Main Menu> Human Resources>Recruiting> Browse Job Openings. Click on posting, find applicant, select ‘Other Actions,’ then Recruitment Actions> Prepare Job Offer. Select position number, enter proposed start date, check “Notify Applicants,” enter job offer component “Hourly Pay” with rate, add mail stop and end date in comments section, and submit for approval. [Refer to Recruiting Solutions User Guide page 9.]
8. Notify applicant to watch for email from “HireRight” to consent to background check.
9. Upon receipt of “Job Offer has been Approved" email, accept job offer in Recruiting Solutions.
10. Submit online Temporary Appointment Form (TAF)
11. Remind employee to report to HR to complete I-9. If I-9 is not completed by the end of the third day after your employee begins work, the job will be terminated and your employee may no longer work as he or she has not proven eligibility to be employed in the United States.
13. Welcome your new employee!